Skip to toolbar

The future of the unofficial Hobby Hangout and SomeDudeOnYoutube. Input needed.

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion The future of the unofficial Hobby Hangout and SomeDudeOnYoutube. Input needed.

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  panzerkaput 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

So this happened quicker then expected. Yesterday on the 44th uHH I hit 100 subs on Twitch. It’s a nice number. Not as nice as 42 or 69 to be honest but feels like “a little big step”. SomeDudeOnYouTube is at 55. Also a nice number.

So now what? I never imaged doing it for that long in the first place (mainly because I hoped The Event (remain indoors) would be over by now. Silly me.) and never would have thought I’d be doing interesting enough stuff for 100 people wanting to listen to me ramble. (Truth be told I mostly blame @avernos for most of the enjoyment people are having because, lets face it, nobody has more to say on all things tiny fighting men or SAGA (for example)  than he does.)

So where to now? Should I do something special in the next uHH? Do we ignore it? Have you lot any ideas? Put them in the comments reply below!

What I actually wanted to say: thank you all for making my Tuesdays fun. Especially you Gerry. 🙂 Now back to business. go on. Nothing to see here. Move along.

[Sidenote: I’m guessing if Fogou ever starts doing official SAGA terrain there would be someone’s head going *pop* Come to think of they, they probably already did that and I’m just too ignorant]

redvers
    21045xp
    Cult of Games Member

I would say congratulations, but as one of the 100, perhaps one of your pop up soundbites is more appropriate? Perhaps the one with the girl showing off the pedicure on her middle finger….?

I’m fully expecting there to be no comment at all on your next show. Why pander to the audience in anyway? There is a small part of me expecting you to just close the channel down, you wouldn’t want to sell out now would you?

In all seriousness, keep up the good work. I enjoyed the HH when it was on OTT and the uHH scratches that itch. Although I reserve the right to ignore you both when you do, occasionally, put one of my projects up.

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

You do projects? ; )

templar007
    52356xp
    Cult of Games Member

Congrats @sundancer

100 is a big deal.

Keep on keeping on.

Here’s to looking back at this number next year and remembering the climb as you continue to grow! ?

redvers
    21045xp
    Cult of Games Member

“You do projects? ; )”

The definition of a project is something with a start AND an end. I’ve not finished anything, ever. So I prefer the term ‘change programme’. 🙂

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

“Changing focus” @redvers 😉

Thank you @templar007

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

Things like this UHH are at their best when they’re not planned and focustested to heck and back.

It’s always fun to tune in and listen to all sorts of hobby-related rambling from you and the squirrel boss.

Didn’t you threaten to make us watch that sasquatsh movie ? OTOH … that might cause problems with Twitch so maybe not a good idea.

Did you ask Big Ben ? Now that you’ve got 100+ subscribers he might want to make an appearance 😉

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

I actually did put a comment on that subject on the 4grounds page over at facepage….. we’ll see  what happens…. XD

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

If you still enjoy doing them then carry on. There good fun and a chance to just have a chat which is always nice.

spankytaz
    1944xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve only recently caught on and joined in the last couple, but I’m working my way through the older ones. Hugely enjoying them, and it’s great to listen to you and Avernos banter while throwing peanuts from the chat gallery. Keep up the great work, but only as long as you feel it’s fun doing so.

As to celebrations, how about going back through some of your first ‘critiques’ and seeing who you think has progressed the most?

That or the Badger Dance. You know you want to.

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

No Badger dance!

Mel would come after me! XD

sundancer
    42595xp
    Cult of Games Member

Another thing that I wanted to address a long time now: Twitch uses categories to put your content in. Currently the uHH resides as “Just Chatting” which is the biggest category on there. Sadly there is no tabletop/miniature wargaming category.

Options would be:

• Board Games
    • Talkshows & Podcasts
    • Tabletop RPG
    • Art
    • Makers & Crafting
    • Warhammer (Yes, there is a bloody Warhammer category…. with their Logo on it)

I think, personally “Talkshows & Podcasts” would fit could but I’m very tempted to hop into Warhammer simply to give the fanboys things to see outside the G’Wullu bubble.

Opinions? What does the @avernos say?

spankytaz
    1944xp
    Cult of Games Member

Definitely not Board Games (that way lies madness), I’d lean towards Tabletop RPG since I think it’s more encompassing.

Talkshows & Podcasts would probably get you the most (initial) exposure, but I’m not sure the random curious drop-ins would be able to handle our level of profanity free and open discourse.

Warhammer? Um. Not my bag but it could bring in new targets for the peanut gallery fresh blood, depending on how thick their skin is. Fan Bois tend to bruise easily outside the echo chambers of social media.

templar007
    52356xp
    Cult of Games Member

Probably Warhammer.

The Tabletop RPG ranks these days seem to be flooded with the “easley offended – PC correct only crowd” unfortunately.

spankytaz
    1944xp
    Cult of Games Member

Although I sadly have to agree with you Templar, I’ve found it limited to the D&D 5e areas, rather than the OSR-type fans. I’ve been gaming since the late ’70s and (in the immortal words of Murtagh), I’m too old for this sh*t – I just want to play games, tell stories, have fun and move tiny wee fighting men about.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)