Skip to toolbar

Throne Down Games – Preview

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Throne Down Games – Preview

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  thronedown 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

thronedown
    Participant
    5xp

Throne Down Games – Preview

Index;
    About TDG
    The First Miniature
    Awareness/Competition
    Thanks

About TDG

Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to check out my post. My name is Peter and I am the sole propietor of Throne Down Games based in the UK. Since the start of the year I have been working tirelessly to bring my business idea to a reality, having been unfortunate enough to be made redundant from my job late last year I have been gifted the opportunity to explore something other than being tied to a coperate desk thanks to my incredibly supportive partner.

The time has come where I am getting ready to launch my company, I have my first miniature on the cusp of being production ready. She marks the start of Throne Down Games and all going well the start of a creative and fulfilling career that will bring a highly stylized miniature line and ultimately immersive game to the tabletop.

The First Miniature

Being a one man start up business I have exhausted my personal funds to within a penny which I can expend on the project and with no hope of obtaining a bank loan I will be taking her to Kickstarter in November 2018, this will not only be to assist in producing all the miniatures but will also be a good guage of scale and miniature popularity and play a deciding hand in what scales I will be aiming for in the future along side the 35mm which will be the scale used in TD the game.

Below are a couple of 3D renders from the first mini along with her artwork by the incredibly talented Damjan Gjorgievski https://www.artstation.com/damjangjorgievski

Character Artwork
    ETM

Bust
    PVBust
    75mm
    PV75

35/54mm
    PV35

The character is an Elven Thaumaturge weilding the powers of water and light she sustains, restores and invigors the soldiers of the Southern Free Companies pledged to protect a way of life from the bloodthirsty Northern regions.

She will be available in 3 scales, 35mm (game scale) 54mm and 75mm along with a character bust comming it at just over 80mm all cast in high quality resin.

The 35mm game scale is in the process of being printed in the highest resolution commercially available and having master moulds made along with a couple of copies to show how she physically comes out the mould, she will also be painted as an example in due course. Updates will be posted as and when this progresses.

Awareness/Competition

This is the biggest hurdle and most daunting part of the process so far, with no foothold in the industry through previous works or exposure I am literally one man on the internet trying to tell people about my passion and share my work, this is such a mammoth task and will ultimately decide weather I can continue to progress TDG into what I envisage.

To that end from today until the end of my Kickstarter campagin scheduled to launch November 2018 (more details nearer the time) – I will be running a few competitions and giving away miniatures and sets of miniatures as a big thank you.

Competition 1. Prize: Full Collectors Set of miniatures which includes; 35mm, 54mm, 75mm, character bust, A5 art card, collectors club enrollment*

*Collectors club

After many painstaking hours of name storming I have come up with “Collectors Club.” Due to the importance of this first Kickstarter I will be offering lifetime discounts on all of my products for supporters pledging for the Collectors Set tier, this will be a fixed 20% lifetime discount. You will recieve a credit card sized card with your lifetime discount code for that added touch of professionalism! This is an extra big thank you for your ciritical support and will not be available otherwise as it is you who will be the catalyst to make TDG happen.

What do I have to do?

This is a simple exercise in social media exposure, I have decided to run a Facebook business page for TDG, the page is brand new with zero followers and zero likes, all you have to do to be in with a chance to win is like my page and like the pinned competition post at the top, it’s that simple. At the end of the Kickstarter campaign should funding be successfull I will be randomly selecting winner(s) from the likes to recieve the collectors set for free, shipped for free, totally free!

http://www.facebook.com/thronedowngames

*Disclaimer: I can only produce this prize should funding be successful, I hope you can understand this should my project fail to reach it’s target. Entrants will be picked at random on the day the Kickstarter campaign ends from those who have liked my page and the pinned entry post. The number of winners will depend on the success of the campaign.

Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/thronedowngames

Thanks!

Thank you for all who took time to read my post, I hope you have liked my work so far as much as I have enjoyed creating it. Please feel free to follow me and TDG below for updates and news, perhaps what you have seen is not your cup of tea but know someone who might be interested? I would greatly appreciate any sharing of my works on any level! Take care guys, Peter.

http://www.facebook.com/thronedowngames
    [email protected]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)