Skip to toolbar

[unofficiall weekender] Oh we're late!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficiall weekender] Oh we're late!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Star of shameless copy & paste ###

Read all of this before you start as it will save any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS!

### End of shameless copy & paste ###

Questions will follow when I’m awake again!

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

wait … I’m firsties ?

that can’t be …

got stuff to do, places to see

will post more things laterz

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Yes you are and same here… busy day, busy day…

Anonymous
    0xp

Pledge – I need to build Romans, Ships and Dwarfs for various things.  I need to paint Zombies, Dwarfs and Germans for various things.  Plus watching rugby.  Mon, Ireland!!!!

Anonymous
    0xp

Started on my Dwarfs.  Currently waiting for green stuff to harden.  Not the worst metal and plastic kit I have ever built.  I’ll paint the shield things separately.

IMG_2581

hobbyhub
    Participant
    4169xp

Condolences on the rugby @robert.

As a Kiwi, I don’t think it is a good thing for a team if their fans sing over the top of the haka, especially “Kapa o Pango”.   I think it got the All Blacks blood up a bit.

The ABs only pull “Kapa o Pango” out on special occasions, when they really respect their opponent.  And they do the Irish, given the ABs recent defeats by them.

“Kapa o Pango” was specifically created for the team, unlike “Ka Mate” , which is more generally known – I got taught it a high school many moons ago – and is widely used for the reason that most Kiwis can do it, albeit with a bit of rust.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  hobbyhub.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  hobbyhub.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Pledge:

• Finish my Orruk Megaboss – It just needs an armour touch up and the base rim. Then varnish and blood. I’m out of Sylvaneth Bark which I wanted for the base rim so I will either wait or use a different colour: payday is soon so no spending and my nearest hobby stores are either a little too far or out of a decent selection of paint.

• Priming – Two Space Marine Attack Bikes

• Playing – Warhammer Underworlds tomorrow night with @irredeemable

I’ll add more to my pledge as I complete the above work but I am eyeing up my Ironjawz Weirdnob Shaman next. Orktober and all that. Im preferring doing individual characters at the moment: I overloaded on batch painting and squads and doing a small elite force of Greenskins is both feeling apt and seasonal.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Did some hobby… now sleep… questions.. did I do them?

Day 19

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer no questions yet … may we call you Tim the Enchanter now ?

//

The ‘scale model challenge’ convention was very interesting.
    Pictures from my mobile phone would not have shown the stupendous level of detail that they had.
    I did spot a few 40k models like that flying drone thing the Deathguard have.

Brother Vinni was there. As were AK Interactive and Greenstuff world and all sorts of scale model focussed traders selling everything you could possibly need for scale models.
    If you ever wanted to go down the rabbit hole that is military vehicles this convention has you covered as traders had books detailing single vehicles right down to the blueprints.

General Information

Next year there is a ‘world model expo’ in the UFO shaped convention building called ‘Evoluon’ in Eindhoven.

World Model Expo

So that sort of takes care of my hobby for today. I hope to get my Ork boys built tomorrow, because I really need to get going.

dawfydd
    11886xp
    Cult of Games Member

Right. @sundancer , @warzan ? I blame both of you for this….

2019-10-20 09.46.41

And for the fact I’ve been spending so much time looking at Legion proxies & bitz on Shapeways….

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

Damn it … (digital) tickets for the Star Wars Weekend are available.

Now I ‘need’ to buy stuff … because I can’t resist killing droids with the help of my clones.

ok … I regret nothing.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

@limburger me, an enchanter? That would be too much of an honour 😉

@dawfydd what did I do? I only buy and paint!

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Questions

• Coffee, tea or both? What is you go to hot drink for relaxation?
    • Eating while doing hobby: fingerfood or just things that can be eaten with tools (fork, spoon, straw) so the hands stay clean
    • Spotting errors on paint jobs. You painted it, you thought you were finished and then you spot the spot you missed with paint… what do you do?

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

My answers

• Coffee. Occasionally a hot chocolate.
    • I’m painting! No time to eat! Oh, look, wine gummy…. *nom nom nom*
    • Going “ARGH!” first and then try to mend or hide it without investing to much work. It’s a gaming piece nothing for display!

Good morning everyone

Anonymous
    0xp

Answers.

Coffee –  Sometimes I will have a fruit tea if I am feeling fruity.

Wine gums is about it and as I am fat, I try not too eat too many.

Depends on the error – If it is just paint, I’ll fix it… but I’ve stripped models before to repaint them if I see a mould line but I am getting better at not trying to have everything perfect.    If it can be covered by a bit of basing such as a tuft of grass… well, you now know why some of my models have tufts of grass near their legs…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)