Skip to toolbar

Vehicle markings – very early WW2 (Fall of Singapore)

Home Forums Historical Tabletop Game Discussions Vehicle markings – very early WW2 (Fall of Singapore)

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  warbossd 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

warbossd
    4562xp
    Cult of Games Member

Calling for some help from historical buffs here guys.

I have a universal carrier I am including in my Bolt Action Fall of Singapore British list and I am struggling with vehicle decals and markings.

There are some great articles out there on Arms of Service and brigade markings but from what I read a lot of the standardisation didn’t come in until the 40s.

Does anyone have any advice or links to online articles that might give me a steer as to what markings I should have on my UCs, trucks etc?

Many thanks

sundancer
    42601xp
    Cult of Games Member

Calling @johnlyons in isle 4…  I repeat: John please in isle 4.

XD

johnlyons
    Participant
    5266xp

Heck! Singapore is not a theatre I’m familiar with in terms of vehicles.

Your safest bet is looking at any images from the BEF in France and seeing how they marked their vehicles.

It’s likely as simple as putting on roundels (as the Star wasn’t adopted until prior to D-day and other joint op’s with the US and allies.

And vehicle numbers with squadron markings (the diamond, circle, triangle and square)

Sadly, historical sites and readily available sources always tend to focus on later war, where the markings on British vehicles had changed closer to what they looked like during Operation Overlord and beyond.

warbossd
    4562xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks for the input John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)