Skip to toolbar

Wargames Atlantic WW1 Brits are here

Home Forums Historical Tabletop Game Discussions Wargames Atlantic WW1 Brits are here

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  somegeezer 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

somegeezer
    18371xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hellooo history lovers

My WW1 Brits are here and jolly nice they are too. I have one question though, about the “bucket” in this pic.

World-War-I-British-Infantry-Miniatures-2-Wargames-Atlantic-1024x387

I think that’s a bag of drum magazines, am I wrong?

avernos
    Keymaster
    33838xp

yes they are additional reloads for the Lewis gun, I gave the loader those and the pouches and another set of pouches for the gunner

somegeezer
    18371xp
    Cult of Games Member

Cheers. That’s exactly where I was heading.

avernos
    Keymaster
    33838xp

somegeezer
    18371xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice one. Both my grandads were in the home guard. One, the local undertaker was exempted; the other, typically for my family, failed his medical. Neither had any good Lewis gun stories.

redscope
    Participant
    2708xp

My great grandfather was served in the WWI. He was in the Royal Field Artillery. We always had visions of him leading the horses through the mud, maining the guns. When i did a bit of reseach it turned out he was in the Royal Field Artillery but listed as Army Accountant.

The records dont show if he was in the front line or saw any combat. But it did make me laugh to think all these years we considered him a hero and he might have just sat behind a desk doing paper work.

It is easy to over look the fact in war you still need a lot of people to do jobs other than actally fighting.

somegeezer
    18371xp
    Cult of Games Member

He fulfilled a vital role all the same.

I remember reading about Sea Power the band. The brothers’ dad spent WW2 manning an AA gun he didn’t ever fire in anger and found the whole thing a complete waste of time.

I reckon in his place I’d have been thankful to make it out alive, uninjured and without PTSD 😁

avernos
    Keymaster
    33838xp

My grandfather was RFA as well I know he was in Palestine and brought home a street sign from Germany as well but finding out specifics for Irish servicemen is a ballache

somegeezer
    18371xp
    Cult of Games Member

This is the German street sign I’d want

avernos
    Keymaster
    33838xp

That would be good. He had a Berlin street sign enamel on tin. I remember finding it in the chicken coup

somegeezer
    18371xp
    Cult of Games Member

He reached Berlin? That’s tremendous.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)