Skip to toolbar

WW1 Graphic Design

Home Forums Historical Tabletop Game Discussions WW1 Graphic Design

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  oriskany 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

caesar
    6670xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m not much of a historical person but I have this old book that belonged to my grandad call ‘Heroic Stories of the Great War’. The inside cover has this cool tone design on it. It’s not wargame related but I think it’s cool and it’s a kind of relevant to the WW1 article series.

greatwar

warzan
    Keymaster
    30754xp

That’s a really lovely repeating design that one 🙂

Saw a thing on the BBC yesterday about the lady who invented the Stem pattern 🙂 very interesting

caesar
    6670xp
    Cult of Games Member

I feel like the image needs to be used for something. like the backs of trench warfare event cards. I’m sure it’ll come up

I’ll give that a look. Documentaries are my current go-to painting watch. Although a lot of the Netflix ones are pretty bleak.

oriskany
    60737xp
    Cult of Games Member

I like how the angles of the bayonet, the artillery barrels, and the aircraft wings all line up.  You see a lot of this stark, two-tone kind of graphic design in old WW2 propaganda posters as well – quick and easy printing with the lithography tech at the time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)