Skip to toolbar

28mm plastic Aztecs

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion 28mm plastic Aztecs

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  torros 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

darthcheese
    Participant
    4373xp

I’ve never seen any so I assume they don’t exist. Does anyone know if there are any out there or if there are any coming???

Anonymous
    0xp

I only know Caesar have a box in 1/72.  Sorry!

gothmog
    Participant
    21xp

I think Wargames Foundry models are metals, but Aztecs nonetheless …

Aztecs

avernos
    Keymaster
    33717xp

Wargames Atlantic have had them on a recent poll. So clearly they have them on their radar but that could be some time away

bvandewalker
    Participant
    2074xp

There are some in 1/72 (you can find almost anything in plastic in the 1/72 scale by model companies, they are cheaper on average then the other scales, and there is a big hobbyist run review site, so you might want to make that your go to war gaming scale).

However there are  none in 28mm-32mm plastic unless you count GW lizard men,  just like there is nothing in plastic 28mm for Imperial to present China (not one dynasty, not even warring states or three kingdoms, not even fantasy), Egypt (you would think it would have something, but no),   or any of the other slash and stab era none Western cultures outside of those that fought western powers in overly dramatic battles or wars that everyone knows about and got blockbuster movie treatments like the Persians (300 Spartans vs. thousands of Persians) or where too significant to Roman, Medieval European,  and English/British history to not mention (Crusades without Muslims makes no sense, Mongolians finally got sets, some North Africans are a must in plastic for Rome except Egyptians cause Cleopatra didn’t do enough apparently,  and you can’t play Sudan or the AWI or the Zulu conflict without some natives).

Meanwhile we have not 1, not 2, but 3 different  manufacturers covering Vikings and Saxons in plastic (2 will be covering Normans in the near future), same deal for the Napoleonic war’s western theater, more Greeks sets than I want to think about let alone buy, close to all the medieval era troops of Europe, close to all the history of Rome is covered, not even going to talk about WW2, and practically every era of British soldier except WW1 or those  conflicts in Asia and the Pacific outside of WW2 from what I can tell.

The notable exception to this trend has been the Sengaku era Samurai sets that are produced by WGF and are now distributed by Warlord’s. I think it has to do with current rulesets and to a lesser degree pop culture more then anything else, so the Aztecs may see plastic in the future.

dekinrie
    1460xp
    Cult of Games Member

You could look at ghost archipelago tribals 28mm plastics the weapons and armour  look the similar

bvandewalker
    Participant
    2074xp

Actually the Ghost Archipelago tribal set is more like a mix of Polynesians cultures with a dash of Inca thrown in, and armed with hybridized North east cost Amerindian weapons and a pair of South African shields. I think it would be smarter to  just go with metal (unless you want to proxy lizardmen for humans).

ced1106
    Participant
    6218xp

Could only find Assault Group’s metal Aztecs : https://theassaultgroup.co.uk/product-category/renaissance/

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

Eureka miniatures have a range of 28mm Aztecs in metal

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)