Skip to toolbar

5 years on madness, 5 years of SomeDudeOnYouTube

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion 5 years on madness, 5 years of SomeDudeOnYouTube

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  limburger 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

This is a carbon copy of my personal hobby blog. Just wanted to share with you lot. Especially @warzan who is responsible and @avernos who I thank deeply.

On February 18th 2019 I started a YouTube channel as a joke on Warren from ontabletop.com as he constantly told stuff he found on the internet was from “some dude on YouTube”.

Being someone who really runs with a bad joke when I get’s on into his brain, I had to do this:

Admittedly it took me some time to make the video and I was almost April so why not push it to April 1st? (Hence why there are two earlier videos on that channel)

As you can see if you watch that old video, I’m nowhere to be seen or heard. That because I was terrified on the thought of putting myself out there with my face and voice. Stage fright of the highest magnitude.

And it would have possibly stayed that way hadn’t “the event” happened and forced us all to stay at home. So almost a year later to the day I started doing the unofficial Hobby Hangout on twitch with later uploads to YouTube.

And after a few years I event went in and made a channel on a PeerTube instance. Just in case YouTube would kill the channel because I was making too many bad jokes or something.

https://tube.sp-codes.de/c/somedudeonyoutube/videos

And now, 5 years later the 200th episode of the uHH is just two weeks away. Wow what a ride.

Did I learn anything in the last 5 years? Oh yes. Besides acquiring some video editing skills with OpenShot and Magix Vegas Pro, using OBS, Droidcam and TouchPortal I became a bit more confident in front of the camera. Still can’t stand my voice though.

I’ve met a lot of lovely people along the way. Biggest thank you at this point to all my guests on my shows, especially Gerry. Without his vast knowledge in all things tiny fighting men the uHH surely wouldn’t be where it is today. Also big thanks to all subscribers on YouTube, PeerTube and especially Twitch.

Bets are off on how long I’ll keep this running. Your guess is as good as mine. See you all tonight on twitch *g*

5 years on madness, 5 years of SomeDudeOnYouTube

zoidpinhead
    12476xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thank you (and Gerry) for making the show and for taking the time to provide us with an insight into what the wider community are up to here.  I love the chat format and applaud your success in sticking to the tight half hour script each week.  I’ve really enjoyed seeing the show and hope you want to keep going with it for a while longer.

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Congratulations. It’s a very entertaining channel with all the madness and brown lemonade.
    I’m still trying to see what games you have in the background. You should do a room tour. I hear that’s what all these YouTubers do.
    Long May your channel continue.

limburger
    21591xp
    Cult of Games Member

YouTube claims that ‘some dude on the web’ video is only 4 years old …

who is telling da tooth ?

Lies … I tells ya! Lies !

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

thank you @zoidpinhead and @demonsub

A room tour would be over in about 20 seconds. There 1m space behind me, 2m to the left and 1m to the right. That’s it.

I might take some pictures of the gaming shelf and plonk it somewhere 😉

And yes. YT lies:

lies

Well the clarification video went up April first so until April 1st 2024 YouTube will display “4 years” because they are wankers.

danlee
    22413xp
    Cult of Games Member

I can remember you putting up that first video. Hard to believe it was nearly five years ago. I think I started watching the Unofficial Hobby Hangout from maybe the third episode or so. Again, hard to believe there are nearly 200. It’s a great addition to my week and I look forward to it.

orinoco
    5362xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thank you for the best tightly scripted half hour on the internet.

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Highly condensed content!

limburger
    21591xp
    Cult of Games Member

It better be a hottub episode without the H-juice … 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)