Skip to toolbar

75th Anniversary D-Day Game

Home Forums Historical Tabletop Game Discussions 75th Anniversary D-Day Game

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  oriskany 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

chaingun
    Participant
    1939xp

To pay our respects and salute the 75th Anniversary of D-Day, we staged our own beach landing game using Bolt action rules. For this blog post I decided to do the game as a Vlog instead of a normal blog.

I hope you enjoy the video and please feel free to like, comment and share. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them…….

Link to Vlog below

75th Anniversary D Day Game

B43795C7-840C-4648-AC01-1EDE921A9F1E

oriskany
    60737xp
    Cult of Games Member

That’s an epic table, @chaingun !   Indeed, this looks like one of the British beaches, with the buildings right on the shore.   Beach tables are (in my opinion) some of the hardest tables to ever pull off well, but this one looks great!

chaingun
    Participant
    1939xp

Thanks @oriskany

As I said in the intro, our game doesn’t represent any particular beach, but more of a combination of they types of obstacles the allies had to overcome.

I did build our forces around those that fought on Gold Beach though. ??

After visiting all the beaches a few years ago, I wanted to represent some of the things I’d seen.

olliep
    6011xp

Been thinking I need to do something similar….
    D-Day book is out later this month so may have to do something with that

oriskany
    60737xp
    Cult of Games Member

@chaingun – it would fit very well in just about any Sword location, or Gold if you stuck with one of the sectors that didn’t have very high bluffs (Jig or King – maybe not Item) .  If those were Canadians it would also fit in Juno.  😀  Great work again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)