Skip to toolbar

Asking for Clarification About Giveaways.

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Asking for Clarification About Giveaways.

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  warzan 5 years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

amachan
    25655xp
    Cult of Games Member

Since the latest giveaway wins from the Weekenders have been from Youtube and it kind of suggests to do the Youtube thing in the videos, I was wondering if we have to comment on Youtube to stand a chance to win or does commenting on Beasts of War also count? This also matters for other giveaways like 100 pound gift voucher on unboxings etc. It’s probably just because there might be more comments on Youtube than here on Beasts of War that it looks like only Youtube wins, but still I thought I’d raise the topic.

brucelea
    7897xp
    Cult of Games Member

Weirdly I have been thinking the same thing but I’m sure it’s just coincidence.

warzan
    Keymaster
    30750xp

Hi Guys

We switch it around. For the moment we’ve been pushing on youtube due to their shadow banning we seem to have been caught up in.

dracs
    Keymaster
    4281xp

Hi guys,

For selecting winners we choose randomly between comments on YouTube and comments on OTT. Lately, for the Weekender, it’s simply been a case of the metaphorical coin landing on heads a few times.

warzan
    Keymaster
    30750xp

And that right there is as classic a case of Right hand not knowing what left hand is doing as i’ve ever seen lol

Looks like I was wrong guys 🙂

Sam let’s make sure it’s more clear in how we describe the contests and make very sure it’s clear to Justin and Ben and co who run the winner selection stuff 🙂

zeker1966
    1633xp
    Cult of Games Member

The one suggestion I have as far as contests are concerned is that you set a date that the entries will be considered from. In other words the open endedness of the contests is kinda weird. I think if you have a contest (any contest) you should say that only entries (i.e. comments) prior to the set date will be considered for the purpose of the giveaway.

brennon
    Keymaster
    30339xp

We do Weekender giveaways for a week and announce them on the next show, so it’s a short window of opportunity for folks. Any other prize does usually have a set time period.

phaidknott
    7012xp
    Cult of Games Member

I guess I started the “rot” on this one 🙁

It was I just noticed all the weekender prizes went via YouTube, and on reading the show notes you see “If you get involved in the comments you could win yourself a copy of Warhammer 40,000 Shadowspear. Make sure to like, subscribe, share and comment to be in with a chance of winning.”

So I wasn’t sure if ALL the conditions needed to be met, Like, Subscribe, Comment, but more importantly Share (that can only be done via a YouTube account on YouTube), so was wondering if the competition had shifted over to YouTube rather than both platforms (nothing wrong in doing that as it’s the better platform for getting new viewers and expanding all things OTT).

My question was more along the lines of if the show notes should direct viewers over to the YouTube channel to enter the competition.

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

When is the Weekender filmed?  Might be worth mentioning it when announcing the comp so people know (unless I’m mistaken you don’t film on the actual weekend, so people don’t have a full week to enter).

zeker1966
    1633xp
    Cult of Games Member

@brennon you might think that it is clear but it is not. First we don’t know when you film. Second there have been many times that things have been pushed to a future week. Third things happen and there may not be a weekender for a week or so. As for non-weekender contests it isn’t clear how long the giveaways will be for. For example after Salute but one week or a month, etc.

i just think it can be clearer.

warzan
    Keymaster
    30750xp

Yup

This is why we opened the prize centre

1) We don’t announce on the show so they can be picked late Friday or Sat Morning

2) There is a record of the prize and winner until it is claimed or expired

🙂

I want to keep some flexibility on competitions or challenges to be able to extend them (it can happen) I don’t think its really too much to ask considering they are all free to enter and take about 10 seconds of effort.

warzan
    Keymaster
    30750xp

Link to the prize centre, just incase you haven’t seen it 🙂 ]

PRIZE CENTER

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

@warzan – the issue isn’t the record of who won, but knowing the deadline for entry which isn’t in the prize centre (or wasn’t last time I checked).

warzan
    Keymaster
    30750xp

No probs I’ll see about getting somthing like that added to the prize centre 🙂

We’ll have a caveat in there though to reserve the right to extend it 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)