Skip to toolbar

ASOIAF by CMON

Home Forums Fantasy Tabletop Game Discussions ASOIAF by CMON

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 42 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  mage 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

I got my Kickstarter today. Holy crap! The models are beautifully cast, sturdy, nice and big, not overdesigned, lack mouldlines and take to chaos black primer very well. Christmas has come early!

Anyone else pick it up yet? I want all of it!

tanath
    Participant
    1723xp

Yep. Got it in the Ks and love the game and minis.

Glad you like it mate and have fun with the painting.

I have done a heap of painting tutorials if that would interest you at all for the Starks so far with the Lanisters to follow 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC504rUqQda8H0uXRZajBL3g?view_as=subscriber

elessar2590
    18201xp
    Cult of Games Member

I managed to get the Lannister half from a friend. The minis are brilliant but the characters faces are a bit bland.

The lack of prep work was a huge bonus.

@tanath I’ll have to check that out

tanath
    Participant
    1723xp

True @elessar2590 the faces are a bit undefined, but that’s PVC for you. Luckily the weapons are all straight and solid which is a huge bonus and they paint up well and fast due to the lack of details as they are nice and plain.

Let me know what you think of the videos as feedback is much appreciated mate 🙂

captainventanus
    Participant
    4765xp

In all they are pretty good yes. Although they aren’t quite as robust as you think. There is little give in any of the pointy bits and they will break.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

@tanath Now I have something to look at after work. Woop!

@elessar2590 Kinda, but they are nice and big too. A basecoat, wash and hilgight should do. Well, the Umbers had better more detailed faces than the starks who are mostly covered up by shields which I do not mind.

@captainventanus Fair point and I will be aware of that moving forward.

dreadknot69
    Participant
    295xp

I’ve had the game for a few months now and I love it! I really like the gameplay and the fact that I can play with just about anyone, noob or expert.

Overall the minis are excellent. I personally am going to hold off on painting anything until I’ve picked up the new stuff and have decided what units I’m actually using.

I have limited time and if I paint up two units of Stark Sworn Swords only to find out that they’re going to sit on my shelf next month because Tully Sworn Shields are always the better option then that would truly piss me off.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

I need to start playing games again to be fair @dreadknot69 but the models and everything look like so much fun!

My own painting time is not limited.

I’m half tempted to give friends some of the armies rather than hold onto everything… hm….

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

I need to start playing games again to be fair @dreadknot69 but the models and everything look like so much fun!

My own painting time is not limited.

I’m half tempted to give friends some of the armies rather than hold onto everything… hm….

dreadknot69
    Participant
    295xp

Well, the obvious next step here is for us to become friends…

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Haha, well played.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

lol …

So ‘ASOIAF’ is ‘a song of ice and fire’ ?

I saw the boxes at the convention I was at last weekend.
    That would have been yet another big mountain of plastic for me if I had backed.

Is the game any fun ?

@mage : I think you’ve got another iron man challenge now 😉

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Yes, yes I do! (Have another challenge)

dont know if its fun yet but ill make or fun ?

dreadknot69
    Participant
    295xp

I’ve played a few times now and am actively looking forward to the next chance I get to play.  All the reviews I’ve read are positive.  It’s a well executed game and really good for newbies like myself.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Damn I wanna get priming and basecoating!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)