Skip to toolbar

Calling All Furries; Looking for advice on Teddy Bear Fur

Home Forums Terrain & Scenery in Tabletop Gaming Calling All Furries; Looking for advice on Teddy Bear Fur

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  redvers 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

puyzen
    2467xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hey lovely BoW/OTT Community.

I want to try my hand at using teddy bear fur for terrain making. Do you have any suggestions for:

– Where to get it (online with International shipping since I live in Denmark)?
    – Tutorials on how to make it into wargaming terrain (trimming, dying, painting etc)?
    – Tips, tricks and expert advice?
    – Other things I didn’t consider 🙂

Thanks a lot!

puyzen
    2467xp
    Cult of Games Member

Uh forgot to write that I of course watched https://www.beastsofwar.com/board-games/weekender-xlbs-furries-games-change-hands/ which actually inspired me to experiment with it. But some more info would be helpful 🙂

avernos
    Keymaster
    33467xp

Not sure what it’s like in the Daneland, but I got mine at a craft hobby store, but it was also available in some fabric stores.

It’s sold in 2 meter wide rolls and you buy it buy the meter length so a 2m x 1m roll, roughly a standard table, was about 18 euro.

Things to watch out for are length of fur, and colour. Patterned or unusual colours may be cheaper, but also may be harder to hide the colouration. The length of the fur will also change how things sit on the mat, if you go too long you will spend a lot of time trying to mow it all down so your figures stand.

A friend did some videos on it a few years ago,

You’ll find others out there as well if you do a check, but he has some interesting tips in there as well.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  avernos.

avernos
    Keymaster
    33467xp

limburger
    21534xp
    Cult of Games Member

I always thought one had to skin a few teddy bears to get that kind of fur. 😉

redvers
    21045xp
    Cult of Games Member

Probably not a lot of help if you are in Denmark but I got mine off of ebay using the KosiKrafts seller here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KosiKrafts-60-Mid-Teddy-Bear-Brown-Faux-Fur-Fabric-Material-By-The-Metre/141294295428?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Fur wasn’t too long and probably fine for 28mm. I use mine for 15mm FoW so it needed a trim with my hair clippers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)