Skip to toolbar

Celtic Themed Fantasy/Mythology Games/Factions

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Celtic Themed Fantasy/Mythology Games/Factions

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bvandewalker 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bilethrall
    142xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hi,

Once, there was Celtos. Once, there were the Celts/Drunes for Confrontation.

Now, there is only Slaine? 😉

I ‘m searching for available games or factions with a strong celtic theme, for fantasy(or even sci-fi?) wargaming. All suggestions welcome.

scribbs
    14506xp
    Cult of Games Member

There’s the Erin range of miniatures by Alternative Armies based on the invasion cycle. Can’t speak to the game system at all I’m afraid.

Erin game of Celtic Myth

Brigade Models has their Celtos range; again, no personal experience of the associated rule set.

https://brigademodels.co.uk/product-category/celtos/

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Celts for Saga (for example) but I can’t remember the manufacturer. Might be Northstar

rayzryr
    Participant
    21060xp

Depending on budget, there’s Mierce as well.

Look at their Albainn (Picts) and Érainn. They also have Drunes in their Ysian range as well. Recently they’ve moved into the 3D print space, so you can get the range cheaper through MyMiniFactory… you just have to have access to a 3D printer to make it worth it.

bvandewalker
    Participant
    2077xp

Eh, you can buy historical Celts (Both Victrix and Warlord do Celts in plastic)  and play Broken Legions since they do have Celts.  You could also play a Celtic themed force with any of the generic army list Fantasy  games you want (Dragon’s Rampent, Oathmark, KoW, Saga Age of Magic,etc.)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)