Skip to toolbar

Disappointed Warhammer Made To Order

Home Forums Fantasy Tabletop Game Discussions Disappointed Warhammer Made To Order

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  mage 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

poosh
    4207xp
    Cult of Games Member

Was hyped for this week’s but noticed Grom the Paunch and Zacharius the Everliving are both metal, not resin 🙁

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

Were they ever resin?  If they never got re-released in fine art then the only molds they’d have for them would be for metal so that’d be the only casting option to be fair.

phaidknott
    7011xp
    Cult of Games Member

Metal is great, because these were never Forgeworld models. That means if it’s not metal or plastic…..it’s “finecast” 🙁

mecha82
    Participant
    10037xp

I will take metal over “Finecast” any day thank you very much. I wish I could find metal version of Gabriel Seth to add to my collection. I own only two “Finecast” models (Belial, Master of Deathwing and newer Isabella Von Carstein) as those two models never had metal versions.

poosh
    4207xp
    Cult of Games Member

I believe they changed from Finecast to a different formula ??, I certainly haven’t had the original finecast problems as before?

I know mental is usually smarter but for a nutty zombie dragon, resin would have been much better 🙁 it will require pinning and stress and I will cry and cry and cry

mecha82
    Participant
    10037xp

I do believe that if those metal models had been released in resin it would had been during early “Finecast” rather than when GW got better with resin so my opinion still stands.

warbossd
    4562xp
    Cult of Games Member

i love metal models. pinning isn’t that hard is it? or am i weird?

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

If I’m not mistaken all Made to Order minis were metal because they were old models that never were done in Finecast, or am I wrong?

holly
    12044xp
    Cult of Games Member

Some are metal, some resin and some even have plastic components – like the horses on Settras chariot

poosh
    4207xp
    Cult of Games Member

I assume these models were out of production when Finecast was underway, or simply never moved to resin. I’m just sad that the larger zombie dragon wasn’t resin as pinning isn’t the easier of jobs and that model looks rather .. difficult …

But it would have been nice of them to release it as a resin model rather than metal.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

The GW resin is rubbish man. Your lucky you got them in metal imho.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)