Skip to toolbar

Fantasy Flight Interactive To Close

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Fantasy Flight Interactive To Close

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ninjilly 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

grimwolfuk
    Participant
    10506xp

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

Was reading about this yesterday morning. They only ever made one game for the computer didn’t they?

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

jupp  a LotR Card Game

grimwolfuk
    Participant
    10506xp

Its there RPG division so Star Wars, LOTFR etc.

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

Reads like the computer division has closed (which is a shame because they only launched the console version of LOTR in late Oct/early Nov) and then layoffs at the RPG division. No announcement on it closing, only news from a former member of staff saying layoffs. Sad to hear for everyone affected but the RPG division seems to have been a mess for years now and sales of the digital game were awful

sundancer
    42560xp
    Cult of Games Member

Ok, I didn’t see the second part first. Fantasy Flight Interactive is closing down definitly. That’s been broadcasted over at LinkedIn.

“It’s with great sadness that I have to report that the decision has been made to close Fantasy Flight Interactive next month. I’m proud of the team and the game we’ve dedicated ourselves to for the past few years. It’s a been an amazing journey with even more amazing people. I’m going to do my best to get my team placed in new positions. I have programmers, designers, artists, QA staff and a producer to get placed in new roles and will do my best to do so quickly. Additionally, I’m now open to new opportunities myself since I will also be out of a job.”

– Tim Gerritson via LinkedIn

The second of the RPG lay-offs is currently just a rumour as far as I know.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  sundancer.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  sundancer.

beardragon14
    7474xp
    Cult of Games Member

I wonder where that leaves Privateer Press’, “Legend of the five Rings” mini subscription line as it is now producing minis for a game that will no longer be producing content.

ninjilly
    Participant
    11673xp

There’s nothing so far so say they won’t be producing content. The RPG division isn’t included in any official announcement yet but the rumour coming from recently let go staff is that RPG releases will be continuing via freelancers rather than in-house staff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)