Skip to toolbar

Feedback on Games

Home Forums Technical Support Feedback on Games

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  hobbyhub 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

warzan
    Keymaster
    30749xp

This thread is for feedback related to the games system: https://www.beastsofwar.com/game/

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

(arg … accidentally clicked ‘close browser’  *oops*)

I suspect not every game has the ‘status’ field set, because ‘in production’ only lists 5 and it includes ‘Batman:Chronicles’ which should show as ‘in development’ or something ?

However given the amount of games already in the system it is a ton of work to get that bit done.

possibly browser related bug :

When selecting ‘add game’ I get a blank screen instead of the ‘feature not implemented’ text.
    Resolved by hitting ‘refresh’.
    I cannot reproduce this at the moment.
    — update —
    I had this happen when selecting a game as well.
    I think it is my browser somehow failing to receive/process the page.

Browser : Firefox / Windows 10

Bug :

• Reset filter also resets sort order.
      This is probably by design, but it is kind of annoying.
    • no clear indication what the default sort order is.
      I suspect this is a missing setting in the list of sort-orders ?

Feature requests :

• show games as a list instead of a grid;
      optional : make this a preference
    • being able to set the default sort order would be nice
    • a link to kickstarter/crowd funding site for games that are ‘in development’
    • kickstarter/crowdfunding status as a field ?
    • adding games to personal collection or wish list from the grid would be nice to have

jpmax
    4799xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hi Warzan (and others)

I notice twilight imperium 4th edition is missing from the games list.

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

Can Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition be added?

ludovic
    Participant
    558xp

Warhammer FanatsyBattle is missing from the games

As is Song of Drums and Tomahawks

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

I noticed that Conquest has some reviews already but hasn’t even been released yet. Does something need put in place to stop game developers putting up and then themselves and some friends rating it highly to help in its marketing. It could be the worst game ever but rate highly due to self promotion

warzan
    Keymaster
    30749xp

Well keep an eye on it.

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

Seen some weird scrolling issues, might have been mentioned elsewhere.

• Games will appear as the last couple of tiles in a page, and then again in the first couple of tiles of the next page.
    • The fact you stay where you have scrolled up and down in the page would be fine if there was a next page button at the top and the bottom. As it is, you read through a page, click to go to the next page, have to scroll up to read the content, and when you reach the top, have to scroll back down again to get to the next page.

angelicdespot
    4684xp
    Cult of Games Member

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay is up there but it’s not clear if it’s meant to be the Cubicle 7 version (not yet released) or for all versions.   The original is now very old, and the 3rd edition was very different.   I’m not sure reviews of one version of the game are really comparable to another.

So I suggest that either games need different entries for different editions (perhaps not all board games) or that the entries are made clear that you’re rating all the different versions.   The first is better!

angelicdespot
    4684xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh, I went to rate the Horus Heresy board game…   And saw that its publisher was listed as being Forgeworld.

So can another entry be added for the Fantasy Flight board game ‘The Horus Heresy’?

angelicdespot
    4684xp
    Cult of Games Member

Sorry, and another thought…

There’s currently no way to distinguish between unrated and zero-rated.   If you think that a game is brilliant but has rubbish art then you can rate it 2, 2, 2, 0, 2 and be satisfied with awarding it 8/10 over all.

If you’ve got the main rulebook and all the sourcebooks for a roleplaying game and you want to rate the writing and the artwork highly, but you’ve only played a couple of games, you’re forced to either lie or give the game poor ratings for categories that you actually don’t want to judge it on.

Realising this I’m choosing not to rate games that I can’t judge on all categories, but I’d like to be able to rate certain aspects of some games.   I don’t know what the solution should be – or even if it’s a problem worth worrying about – but if you could rate a game as being 5 out of 6 for the 3 categories you rated it and have the system no count unrated categories as zeros and pulling the average down, that might be nice.   You’d have to tweak the rating system so that you had to specify whether you were ‘zero-rating’ a category or no rating it though.

blipvertus
    12199xp
    Cult of Games Member

I posted a review of Panzerblitz and it posted twice

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

Have to agree with what @angelicdespot is saying here as well.

hobbyhub
    Participant
    4169xp

I notice that Warhammer 40K has the year of release of 2017.

All other Games have year of release as the first edition release, not the latest, as in 40K’s case.

hobbyhub
    Participant
    4169xp

@angelicdespot Agree about the editions as this is only going to get worse over time – manufacturers are likely to decrease the time between new editions, until the revolt occurs of course.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)