Skip to toolbar

Firefly Reboot not as bad as thought – one Solo opinion

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Firefly Reboot not as bad as thought – one Solo opinion

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jamjarst 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

severon
    369xp

I just came from the cinema and watched Solo. The release actually went past me completely and it was only when I checked to see when it was due out, that I realised that it has been running for 4 weeks.

The cinema website tagged it as a space western and I immediately thought: wait that is Firefly. And sure enough, half of the film I had to think Firefly. There was the war, the train job, the crazy villain, a loving crew, the pretty girl with an objective of get own, the good hearted rebel.

Anybody had the same impression? I still liked the film, but it really felt like a weird mix of the two worlds.

lancorz
    Participant
    5699xp

You had me thinking Firefly had a reboot!

zeker1966
    1633xp
    Cult of Games Member

Now that I think about it, after you pointed out all those similarities, I agree it is a similar story. No Chinese slang but that was kinda pointless in firefly (IMO) anyway. I liked Solo but it was kinda like watching a checklist of the various things we know about Solo. Not sure if there was anything they could do to alleviate that feeling.

jamjarst
    4011xp
    Cult of Games Member

Me too 😮

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)