Skip to toolbar

Fix your meshes quickly and easily

Home Forums 3D Printing for Tabletop Gaming Fix your meshes quickly and easily

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  shingen 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

I bought a few meshes from creators on Patreon. Many of them look great and print easily. Some of them look amazing, but are a mess of multiple-part meshes that create all kind of artifacts and isolated internal shapes. Getting them to print was a nightmware! Then, this evening, I found this online tool:

https://service.netfabb.com/service.php

I gave it one of the worst models I had. I’d spent nearly two hours in Blender trying to make it a single solid mesh, using boolean operations, MeshMixer to solidify and all kinds of other tools. None of them worked. This web-based service did.

Three minutes feels like forever when you’re waiting for a web server to finish processing a file. But it’s much faster (and easier) than trying to fix it yourself!

shingen
    13941xp
    Cult of Games Member

Good to know.
    Have you tried MS 3d builder? This is Windows 10 app, I guess preinstalled with the system itself, @elessar2590 recommended it to me several months ago and since then I haven’t found model this simple app couldn’t fix. I wonder it does against that web service (it seems faster from what you write).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)