Skip to toolbar

GameFor – now with badges and codes

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion GameFor – now with badges and codes

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  limburger 4 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

So some of you may already know the player finding app GameFor. They now have badges and a referral program. For every user that signs up with your referral code (mine is hdxrh) both are entered into a monthly draw for a 100USD gift voucher *each* for your FLGS. See the video here:

Feel free to use my referral code hdxrh

kiranamida
    5782xp
    Cult of Games Member

Ooh, yummy. I’ve had some success finding local players with this app. Glad to see it continuing to grow.

Anyone is welcome to look me up (Kira Namida there as well): particularly anyone from Northern England as we do seem to have trouble finding a variety of games up this way.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Sadly adding friends still requires to be within 10 feet/ 3 metres.

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

How are you to know the difference between gamers wandering about searching for each other and people searching for Pokemon

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

To become friends in the app both need to hit + in the friendlist within the app. So no “GameFor Friend Wardriving” πŸ˜‰

kiranamida
    5782xp
    Cult of Games Member

Given how spread out people can be, that seems a really sad limitation. Hard enough to find people around here, forget having to come face to face with them before you can link up. πŸ™

phaidknott
    7011xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’d have to agree on how the North West of England (I live in Cheshire) seems to be a wasteland for wargaming. I never really got back into it’s stride after the Northern Militare show closed it’s doors in the late 80s πŸ™

Compared to other parts of the country we’ve got the one show in St Helens, and a Histroical tourney/convention in Manchester. When I was in Leeds we had about a dozens shows within an hour or two of driving. I guess we wargamers in Cheshire know what it’s like to be a gamer in Northern Ireland (we’re there…but spread out).

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

In NI there plenty of players . I know of many who dont go to clubs or go online.Β  There more than happy in their own little groups playing in houses

guillotine
    16022xp
    Cult of Games Member

So this is still around, I guess it has traction somewhere in the world then. I just downloaded it again (still has the same problem of not coming up anywhere top on app store search results because of the too generic name ?), and the only local listings seem to be the same few that were posted when it first launched.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

I only ever seem to find people in Germany…

The idea for the app is great, but it has a definite American focus as it lacks the ability to search within your own country.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)