Skip to toolbar

Geezer Meets Mat – Gamemat Storage

Home Forums Terrain & Scenery in Tabletop Gaming Geezer Meets Mat – Gamemat Storage

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  timchubb 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

somegeezer
    Participant
    5436xp

Hi terrain lords and ladies

I’m taking the plunge into non-sports-game gaming mats, and am window-shopping poster tubes to store them. what diameter will I need for 3×3?

warzan
    Keymaster
    16750xp

We used 4inch sewage pipe (barely used) and had it cut to length ๐Ÿ™‚

timchubb
    Keymaster
    1841xp

An alternative to 100mmย  pipe is 68mm drain pipe, costs a lot less and easier to get in car friendly lengths just can’t roll as many mats into them…

avernos
    Participant
    12380xp

for a 6×4 they fight into a 3″ tube, so that or slightly small, I use those extendable plastic art carrying tube things for my 2x2s and they fit several at onceย this kind of thing

somegeezer
    Participant
    5436xp

Cheers all

Great advice. I have those plastic tubes bookmarked and will grab some card ones for storage here (I’ll never have as many as you guys so won’t need the full Katyusha ๐Ÿ˜„)

timchubb
    Keymaster
    1841xp

Forgot to say if you happen to live by or know someone who works in a firework factory (it’s a long shot but you never know ๐Ÿ˜‰) mortor tubes are perfect

Also worth asking at your local carpet place the tubes carpet is rolled on just go in the bin so are usually free/donation to charity jar, feel free to ignore I’m just allergic to spending ๐Ÿ˜œ

Finally if you ever need a blackout curtain game mats are ace for that!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)