Skip to toolbar

HeroQuest 3D Printed Build

Home Forums 3D Printing for Tabletop Gaming HeroQuest 3D Printed Build

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  wrusher 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ianska
    704xp
    Cult of Games Member

IMG_7212

I’ve been reconfiguring a few of my dungeon tiles that I’ve made as part of my Patreon over at https://www.patreon.com/thedragonsrest to make an easier to print HeroQuest board.

I made a set of instructions previously for building the board but it was quite complicated to get everything laid out correctly when printing individual tiles. The new pre-built tile set makes it a much easier print project. There’s also the added benefit that I can fudge the grid in a few places to make some of the narrow corridors wider while still using the same wall size throughout.

Using the slot system all the walls can be swapped in and out for the working hinged doors so there’s no compromise when following the dungeon layouts exactly from the quest book which was one of the main design considerations.

IMG_7218

The tiles are based on a 1½ inch grid to allow a bit more room around the models or to allow a model and wall to occupy the same square.

IMG_7215

I have about 200 odd walls left to print and I’ll be mixing them up with some more designs over the next couple of weeks 🙂

Ultimate plan is to get this all mounted in a shadow box to hang on the wall when not in use. I’ve also made an LED version of the logo so I can light that up too.

Really looking forward to getting the prints finished and onto the painting 🙂

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

So you’re going the opposite route to @warzan with his 18mm approach XD

ianska
    704xp
    Cult of Games Member

Haha yeah for this one. I did think about doing a smaller magnetic TravelQuest but wanted to use the original miniatures.

In all honesty I doubt this table will see much play time but be more a display piece for the wall. I have plans for the shadow box to have a second set of tiles with a more height running along the bottom edge that I can line up all the minis along.

warzan
    Keymaster
    30469xp

Beautiful stuff!

Like seriously beautiful!

ianska
    704xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks Warren 🙂

wrusher
    5494xp
    Cult of Games Member

Awesome work!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)