Skip to toolbar

Judge Dredd TV series

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Judge Dredd TV series

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

Some news about Rebellion and their new film  studios

Judge Dredd Owner Rebellion Sets Up $100 Million U.K. Film and TV Studio (EXCLUSIVE)

somegeezer
    18344xp
    Cult of Games Member

My first thought was I hope it’s more like the recentish Dredd movie than the Arnie one and it’s the same people. I’m optimistic about this.

lordofuzkulak
    6332xp
    Cult of Games Member

@somegeezer – I thought it was Stallone that was in the 90s Dredd film, not Arnie.?

somegeezer
    18344xp
    Cult of Games Member

@lordofuzkulak of course you’re right!

All those years of therapeutic boozing have suppressed that movie very well indeed.

limburger
    21550xp
    Cult of Games Member

If they mixed the aestethics of the Stalone movie with the story/acting of the Karl Urban one then we’d have a great series.

I still think a cartoon series like Clonewars for Star Wars has more potential than a live action series TBH.

avernos
    Keymaster
    33717xp

one of the lead producers was the designer for the sets and vehicles on Stallone’s film. So it’s hopefully a bit of both.

wittmann007
    Participant
    588xp

They confirmed that there’s a Netflix series in the works, and also that it may be a continuation of the Urban Dredd film.

nteger
    538xp
    Cult of Games Member

@limburger, have you seen this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRLlICw1UWk. It was produced by Adi Shankar, the guy who directed the Dredd movie. I highly recommend you check out his Youtube channel.

zorg
    18736xp
    Cult of Games Member

the two films were good I think the mega towers were to far apart in the Urban version  but the action was better I think.

In the deepest recesses of my brain the memory of the TV series ‘Captain Power’ popped up as I thought about where the spin off series could go with something like Strontium Dog since they will be running with Rogue Trooper. It took me a moment but it does make sense when you trace that firing neuron to the armor that Johnny Alpha wore in the comic books. Sheesh, I’m glad I’ve never dropped acid as I might’ve become the mad professor that randomly pops information at critical junctures where action is much more appropriate.

totsuzenheni
    Participant
    5651xp

I hope they take nothing from the Stallone film. Karl Urban, not sub-Urban.

avernos
    Keymaster
    33717xp

I wouldn’t mind if they took the styling and aesthetic from the Stallone version it was all spot on, shame the writing/acting/tone of the film was complete pile of grud!

sundancer
    42620xp
    Cult of Games Member

I liked the Stallone version.. yes, I know… I’m weird 😉

admiralandy
    1642xp
    Cult of Games Member

Gaming youtuber templarcrusader quit his channel when he joined this.

tankkommander
    Participant
    6393xp

The Stallone film was visually and in tone much closer to the original source material that the recent much darker and gritty Urban film. I like both for different reasons.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)