Skip to toolbar

KS for those "Aliens" and "AvP" fans out there

Home Forums Science Fiction Tabletop Game Discussions KS for those "Aliens" and "AvP" fans out there

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

macadams00
    Participant
    575xp

Aliens Vs Humans (STLs) by Warg’Name » Day one ended — Kickstarter

I have been a patron of Papsikels Miniatures on My Mini Factory for a while now and can say the models are beautiful.

They come pre-supported if that’s what you want and are very reasonably priced (plus there is an early bird).

zorg
    18736xp
    Cult of Games Member

The original spacehulk nice.

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

And the next Kickstarter by Papsikels:

Skull Hunters

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

I find it amazing that some KS really don’t give a toss on IP rights…  and that movie studios don’t come down on them like hellfire… but when I show 20 seconds of a trailer on twitch the video suddenly can’t be monetized any more… what a laugh

iceeagle85
    Participant
    4965xp

Yes it’s extremely strange, I saw quite a number ok print KS, stuff on myminifactory or Patreon which really likes extremely close to the source material and seemingly no one cares

scribbs
    14505xp
    Cult of Games Member

I guess the ‘one step’ away from the source format is pretty important. Using a snippet of direct footage is obvious re-use, whilst turning that IP into models means it is possibly harder to chase without additional time and effort, since there has been some work by the sculptor to design the renders?

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

I guess it’s more a case of IP holders not giving a flock currently because it’s too much hassle to go after all of them? I could see a c&d letter though when it gets too big.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)