Skip to toolbar

Novel set in the Warhammer world

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Novel set in the Warhammer world

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kiranamida 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

wolfie65
    Participant
    1230xp

I am thinking about writing an adventure set in the eastern Empire, what are the chances of being able to submit something like that to Black Library – or should I just approach it as purely fan fiction ?

gorram
    2590xp
    Cult of Games Member

Black Library do an open call for submissions every couple of years so it is definitely a possibility. Can’t remember when the last one was but they certainly do them.

kiranamida
    5785xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m presuming this is without a literary agent to provide a commission, as that’s the industry standard way of writing for publishers like the Black Library. =P

That being said, the Black Library does yearly(?) submissions, usually starting around mid January through February though there is usually a fairly narrow theme for these. They pop up on Warhammer Community when they’re announced

I also recall an old blog by Black library author Robbie MacNiven about some of the other ways they draw in stories for like Anthologies and things. I’ll see if I can dig it up and edit in a link. It’s quite old but it might offer some idea of where to dig.

Edit: link. https://robbiemacniven.wordpress.com/2016/11/05/how-to-write-for-black-library/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)