Skip to toolbar

Project System and some Feedback

Home Forums Technical Support Project System and some Feedback

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  collins 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

panzerkaput
    33931xp
    Cult of Games Member

I have some feedback to OTT about your project system. It is crap. Let me please qualify that, it is different to use, very frustrating, one of the most import thing is the images on it but if you upload more than one is crashes. If you upload one image it doesn’t recognise it. It should be simple and easy to use and not having to use work arounds to create and upload content. Maybe I am doing something wrong but as it stands at the moment I cannot use it.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Same. I am also “kept away” from the projectsystem because of it’s “inflammatory” behaviour at times. I also know (or rather understand) why that is. The framework in the back simply isn’t build for these tasks. And the only solutions I see are either:

• Stick with it and get used to it OR
    • Build OTT V2

:S

panzerkaput
    33931xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thing is is that OTT is now built around the project system and if the basics cannot be achieved, uploading pictures, then the whole OTT comes into question in regards to and only to the community and the hobby.

So either put up with it, I am not prepared to do that and slowly it will drive more of the community away. I hate Discord, gosh I use it, but I prefer to post here, but I fear that without a major overhaul of the project system, I think it will spell the end of the community, at least for me. It comes to something when you cannot even upload a single image and it is killing me.

I cannot see a new build platform as the rest works okay.

warzan
    Keymaster
    30750xp

Yeah, it’s being worked on as part of the forthcoming RedPaint upgrade. I created two projects today though and had no issues outside of it being a little bit slow. (Which I was expecting at this stage)

Can you link to some specifics for us so we can dig deeper into the issues you are having?

panzerkaput
    33931xp
    Cult of Games Member

Since moaning about this it is all working fine but I will check an eye on it and if I have any other issues I will put them on here.

The actually issues I was having was uploading images, svg and png images. They were uploading but them the image could not be found and came back with an 404 error. I changed the image into a jpeg image and still had the same problem. The file name was the same as the title and thats the only thing I found as I changed the name of the file and it uploaded fine then.

The other issue was it uploading and then double posting

collins
    16344xp
    Cult of Games Member

I must admit to being frustrated with the system on occasion. I only upload one image at a time (4mb per image though on average) to ensure they get accepted and whenever I have written any text I always keep a copy of it on my clipboard or another word doc just incase something goes wrong. I have also noticed recently a slowing down in uploading entries to the projects, even if it is just text.

I do like it and think it is a real boon for the site however. I enjoy the buzz of seeing the likes increasing on my projects and it is a much better way to get info about how to do certain things than social media (which is a crap way of sharing hobby). It is a key part of the site and should be kept for sure

collins
    16344xp
    Cult of Games Member

for example. this entry tonight took about 25 seconds to submit and refresh the page. as you can see there is no media on it. only text and a link to an external website

Day 12 Entry 2 since the event

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)