Skip to toolbar

Question for the Weekender/XLBS

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Question for the Weekender/XLBS

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  blinky465 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

panzerkaput
    33935xp
    Cult of Games Member

Which rules would you consider to be the most fun? Which rules would you consider to be the best blend between fun and believable accuracy?

@warzan

@avernos

@brennon

avernos
    Keymaster
    33838xp

answered that on facepage ^^

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Who goes to facepage these days?!

templar007
    52364xp
    Cult of Games Member

I sure don’t.

panzerkaput
    33935xp
    Cult of Games Member

I still use it 😮

panzerkaput
    33935xp
    Cult of Games Member

@avernos you answered what Historical game, I am asking which game, but the answer I bet would be the same

torros
    23805xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pig wars

Charlie Company

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Which rules would you consider to be the most fun?

Personally I love the X-Wing core rules. So simple and easy. Alone the size (or lack there of) of the rulebook really speaks to me. With it’s movement dials it has a bit of a poker feeling. You know what cards are in play but that doesn’t mean you know what your opponent has in his hands.

I think most core rule set of “boxed entry level games” like Blood Bowl, X-Wing and even basic Battletech are fun and easy. It’s when the “special rules” come into play that games tend to get weird and exhausting. Battletech being a prime example of this.

panzerkaput
    33935xp
    Cult of Games Member

I know what you mean, I think the more modern set that have come out recently have shone in this respect.

One of the reasons I love Blood and Plunder is the card machinic

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Speaking of card mechanics: freebooters fate. Never really played it but all tutorials and let’s plays I’ve seen look like fun.

blinky465
    17025xp
    Cult of Games Member

I got a copy of One Hour Wargames and loved the playing card method of “choosing random numbers”. In fact, any playing-card-based set of rules gets the thumbs up for me (especially those where each player has their own deck). I love the idea that you can predict the likelihood of a really good (or really poor) draw, based on your past card draws – having a nightmare game? Hang in there, good scores are just around the corner… Wiping the floor with your opponent? Don’t get too cocky, there’s nothing but twos and threes left in the deck!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)