Skip to toolbar

Star Schlock Astroguards Miniatures KS

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Star Schlock Astroguards Miniatures KS

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  limburger 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

ravingmad8
    Participant
    1000xp

Hello everyone. I came across this kickstarter the other day and didn’t see it on the KS section of the website. I just got my Stargrave rulebook, and I thought these would be some great models to use with that system. Here’s the link if anyone is interested: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/star-schlock-astros/star-schlock-astroguards-miniatures/description

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice sculpts and the “Pre-painted Figures in Collectible Packaging” option is a really nice twist.

tankkommander
    Participant
    6389xp

holly
    12044xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks for finding this – added to my list! Great mix of Buck Rogers, Paranoia as tankkommander spots and other pulp sci-fi. The bots are especially cute

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

@tankkommander they do look very similar 😉

tankkommander
    Participant
    6389xp

This appears to be their first KS project. Offering pre-paints makes me nervous, as this is a very easy way for a project to go bust.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

True but it’s only the display pieces… maybe they already did a bunch of those 😉

somegeezer
    18343xp
    Cult of Games Member

Dayum. I’ve got a Nickstarter’s worth of “official” Stargrave minis but the Paranoia look’s got me tempted.

somegeezer
    18343xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m fact yes I’m in. Now is a very good time to wave non-gothic sci-fi minis at me ?

bvandewalker
    Participant
    2073xp

To be honest I am tempted (those conscripts look awesome) and that video reminds me of the old 90’s toy ads, but as I already have a unpainted mountain of stuff  (a great deal of which can be used for stargrave), a tight budget now that I am out of  college, not to mention 2 KS backed this year already I am going to skip this, hope it does well though maybe I  will pick some of these guys up in the future.

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

The style really is ‘Star Schlock’ 😀
    Should fit nicely with the official stargrave stuff too.
    This beats the ‘just add more skulls and crap’ style that GW has been going for since the 90’s.

Prepaint options are a nice idea, but for a 1st ever project ? *eep*
    I think those should have been limited to x amount of backers or something.
    I’m afraid they’re letting stretchgoals get the better of them … I do hope they’re budgetting for failures and run-a-way succes

The Necronaut remind me of the Doctor Who episode “Silence in the Library”

Hey .. who turned out the lights ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)