Skip to toolbar

Star Wars Hobby Weekend Transport Plan

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Star Wars Hobby Weekend Transport Plan

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  bobcockayne 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

noyjatat
    Participant
    16145xp

Hello fellow CoG and OTTers

I thought it might be useful to have a separate post for organising transport from the airport to River House.

I have opened this in general discussion to allow everyone access.

Please feel free to copy/paste below your flight details and if you want to buddy up for taxis, normally around £60 each way.

Friday Easyjet flight: U2 257 arrive 0840

Sunday Easyjet flight: U2 260 departs 1530

Happy to share taxi costs.

Taxi A: Approx 0915 departure from Belfast International

1. Noyjatat

I look forward to seeing you all at the event!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  noyjatat.

jamjarst
    4011xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m arriving at Belfast Airport on Thursday afternoon at 18:30 and I’ve rented a car so happy to give lifts if anyone else is arriving on Thursday and Flying out on Sunday on the 21:10 flight.

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

I don’t think I’ll be attending this one, but my 40k hobby weekend project (https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1427037/) reviews the trains to Coleraine, the hotel I stayed in and where I ate while I was there. Hopefully it may prove useful to someone.

collins
    16343xp
    Cult of Games Member

im attending, no idea on where to stay though? what’s people’s norm? I’m happy to get an air b&b though as that’s quite simple

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

@collins Air b&b might be a good idea to contact @laughingboy on that one, he has sampled a few and had good and bad.

Premier Inn is ok, bars not bad , breakfast is excellent, plus there is a retail parkm mc’d’s Burger King, Chip shop, etc right next door.

noyjatat
    Participant
    16145xp

@collins I am staying in the Premier Inn, its a ten minute walk away so bring a coat hehe.

I have also stayed at an Air BnB there in that past which was perfect for my needs

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/32397826?source_impression_id=p3_1571679548_8fDJm1y0BjxdqNFe&s=ZvsgSKV4

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

Been having a thunk (stop screaming @warzan)

As not much clone wars extra stuff for Hobby weekend going to be doing mainly ( rubs trousers and heads for loo) Originals trilogy era but based around Rogue One as mentioned before, found a bonus to this when looking at Rebel uniforms( nearly uniform more like) which have more of a Vietnam in the boonies type look. So think apart from smocks, wont have to faff with camo and can go for a sci fi version of Vietnam……. which err see you on Discord!!!

collins
    16343xp
    Cult of Games Member

Rouge One was basically Vietnam in space. look at the role of the U-Wing, if that’s not the space stand-in for a Huey I don’t know what is. FFG have already made the rouge one troopers too. they’re called ‘rebel pathfinders’ they look cool but I have not figured out how to use them in game yet 🙁

omega1976
    2169xp
    Cult of Games Member

Flights booked, getting in 1pm on Thursday so will most likely take a train in, staying at the Premier Inn as well, looking forward to meeting everyone!

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

@omega1976 is that at Belfast International?

If so if no delays I will be arriving roughly the same time from Birmingham, and am at same hotel so if you like we can share taxi from station to hotel.

omega1976
    2169xp
    Cult of Games Member

@bobcockayne Yes it is international, sounds like a good plan!

bobcockayne
    20723xp
    Cult of Games Member

@omega1976 ok will sort out where we meet nearer time, probably the bus stop outside airport for the bus to train station at a guess.

collins
    16343xp
    Cult of Games Member

necro on this thread incase people still need to arrange lift shares etc

noyjatat
    Participant
    16145xp

I arrive at 0840 Friday morning and I have booked a hire car so if people need a lift drop me a message

omega1976
    2169xp
    Cult of Games Member

@bobcockayne are we still meeting up for a ride?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)