Skip to toolbar

Starship IV Chimera

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Starship IV Chimera

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Companies:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  shingen 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

2nddynasty
    Participant
    2192xp

Hi guys,

I’m Ben from 2nd Dynasty, interviewed recently on the Weekender. I make 3D printable spaceships to use as modular, reusable set pieces for tabletop games. I primarily come from the RPG world, although these could be useful for Legion or other tabletop mini games in the 28-35mm range.

Kickstarter Main 1024x576px

We have a Kickstarter going at the moment (ending November 22nd) for a massive, very modular 3D-printable ship named the Chimera, but also our earlier range of more manageable models is on offer.

Starship III KS Main 1

We’ve made ships from as small as a foot in length, to three, and they are all designed with modular, interchangeable interiors designed to be easy to use for tabletop play.

Scout Layout Engineering

The base Chimera is pretty simple in form, imagined to be a cargo hauler, inspired by the Gozanti Cruiser in design. But it is very versatile and can be easily reconfigured into a variety of variants to suit taste or function.

Variants top front

Above are a couple of the many combination variants possible with all the stretch goals already unlocked. Check it out if tabletop is your thing, especially if you are into tabletop gaming with miniatures, or if you like cool hobby projects. And please, feel free to comment below.

Stretch Goals Matrix - 33 percent 220px x 220 px with 10 px gap

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

If I had a 3D printer I’d be very much into this model. It looks awesome… but since I don’t have one… well, that’s that :S

2nddynasty
    Participant
    2192xp

Yeah, fully understandable Sundancer, they’re getting a lot cheaper now (Ender 3 is like $250 USD), but are a great way to make such large projects reasonably affordable.

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

And you still need the space to put one in and that’s the even bigger problem atm. S:

2nddynasty
    Participant
    2192xp

The printer or the ship? lol. The ship at least breaks down into smaller parts/hull sections. I am in the process of painting mine now, have it broken down a little.

2019-11-11 13.51.33

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

The printer. I guess the ship would find a good home in our gaming club 😉

But currently space and funds are fighting over Airbrush, more minis and potential 3D printer… but funds are really low so currently I’ll settle for some more minis

warzan
    Keymaster
    30754xp

@2nddynasty  OMG – Thing. Of. Beauty.

Do you tire of having that level or talent 😉 lol

2nddynasty
    Participant
    2192xp

Thanks @warzan, high praise!

lordsanes
    6512xp
    Cult of Games Member

I would love this but I have a resin bath printer and yeah…

2nddynasty
    Participant
    2192xp

Yeah, too expensive with resin for sure.

shingen
    13941xp
    Cult of Games Member

@2nddynasty I appreciate amount of work put in design of this model even if I don’t care that much about its aesthetics (on the outside, inside is brilliant) but tell me please what are you using that lighter for? Is it some new technic of painting?

2nddynasty
    Participant
    2192xp

Hi! FDM printing can leave some stringing, microfibres of PLA plastic that evaporate under a quick lick of flame, a sort of cheap job if you don’t have a heat gun.

shingen
    13941xp
    Cult of Games Member

Of course! Thanks for answer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)