Skip to toolbar

Things from the Flood-RPG

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Things from the Flood-RPG

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  davehawes 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

avernos
    Keymaster
    33838xp

the expansion to the award winning Tales from the Loop is live on Kickstarter and funded in 10 mins

Check out it’s 80’s goodness

@lancorz have you seen it son?

lancorz
    Participant
    5699xp

@avernos Yes, dad.

I’ve already thrown my money at it and I’ve got some plans to write up some of my adventures from TFTL if maybe you’d be interested in collaborating if you have scenarios of your own?

avernos
    Keymaster
    33838xp

that’s interesting, I’ve a few ideas I’ve been tossing around with a couple of friends as we rotate through GMing in our group. Yeah, definitely one for an exploration

avernos
    Keymaster
    33838xp

all the stretch goals beaten in 6 hours, they had to go off and come up with some more.

I guess the nostalgia bug is still very strong 🙂

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve considered picking up the original a couple of times, the artwork looks beautiful. That can be a worry with RPG’s sometimes though, the artwork can evoke a certain feel or concept, but if that isn’t carried through in the rules and the narrative/setting it can fail to deliver on that feeling during play. I think the Anima RPG is an example of this. If you don’t see the art, then the setting and rules could be any kind of fantasy setting, not specifically something anime/JRPG esque.

I would be interested in your thoughts on it.

limburger
    21591xp
    Cult of Games Member

wow … that soundtrack. A bit Vangelis like.

Artwork is pretty cool too.

Somehow I’m reminded of an 80’s tv series called ‘Otherworld’.

lancorz
    Participant
    5699xp

@davehawes I’ve played the game a lot in the past two years since release and I think the rules are very well suited. It works very well for narrative driven games. Plus since the 80s wasn’t that far away and it was the prime for adventure movies, there’s a lot of resources you can pull for it.

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

I do love Stranger Things, as a child of the eighties it felt wonderfully on-point and I am enamoured with the concept.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)