Skip to toolbar

Warlords of Erehwon question

Home Forums Fantasy Tabletop Game Discussions Warlords of Erehwon question

Supported by (Turn Off)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nogbadthebad 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

nogbadthebad
    5771xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hi All. I picked up WoE at Vapnartak on impulse (whoops) on Sunday.

Looks like an interesting set of rules that I would love to try out, but don’t have that much 28mm stuff – I do however have 10mm. Could it be played as 1 base = 1 unit either with fig removal, or casualty markers?

Am sure it can be but am wondering if anyone has already tried this or has additional thoughts – am only half way through the “basic” rules section so didnt know if i was setting myself up for a fail further down the line.

somegeezer
    18339xp
    Cult of Games Member

Either I’d say. Or one base = one model. Your game, your rules.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  somegeezer.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  somegeezer.

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

I was kinda planning it for 10mm. The stuff I have is 5 figs  on 40×40 so was just going to use one base =1 28mm figure. If I really really like I might think of some sort of rebasing  but it would be a big if

nogbadthebad
    5771xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks Chaps.

I could do 1:1 figs but the thought of moving 10mm chaps individually doesnt overly excite but it is a possibility.

@torros, what game have you based yours for? The original plan for me was to do Kings of War in the 10 at 50% smaller bases. Unfortunately I got my maths a bit wrong/couldnt decide on figs per base so i potentially have 5000 points of Dwarves before magical items!! luckily in this instance I have yet to put paint to brush hence I have the figs left over so to speak to utilise!

I might have to just cut some cardboard and see how it feels. Just need to find a victim!

Anyone in York?

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

@nogbadthebad I based mine technically for Warband by Pendraken or Lords and Lands. If I’m honest I was just enjoying painting them and had some 40×40 bases left over from ADLG so used them. As they fit in with the semi universal standard 40×20 I’m sure I could use them for any ruleset I fancy

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  torros.

nogbadthebad
    5771xp
    Cult of Games Member

Cool, is Warbands any good? Not that need yet another rule set mind you, but i’ve stared at it more than a few times!

I need to spend 20mins with some minis and cardboard and jury-rig a couple of ideas. Just need month end to be over, a colleague to come back from holiday and my wife’s exams to be over and I can get back to just the usual distractions getting in the way!

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member
    1. Like you I haven’t bought Warband yet and am still staring at it on the website though the battle reports on the Facebook seem good fun

nogbadthebad
    5771xp
    Cult of Games Member

That’s my trouble, I can’t stop staring at the different shiny! I’ll checkout the lets plays, they are usually fun even if I keep me wallet locked away ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)