Yet another monopoly variant incoming : Monopoly 40k

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Yet another monopoly variant incoming : Monopoly 40k

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  limburger 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

limburger
    Participant
    3563xp

*eh* … this might be the cheapest version of 40k yet.

http://usaopoly.com/blog/monopoly-warhammer-40000-coming-soon

The player tokens look like faction insignia for the major factions.

I wonder what cards they’re going to have ..

“You have been accused of heresy … go directly to ‘jail’ and pray for the Emperoros’ forgiveness”?

craigwrdouglas
    Participant
    692xp

It’s been nearly 40,000 years since I last played monopoly…

timchubb
    Keymaster
    1004xp

I’d be tempted to play this in character with the 40k RPG… Would ammuse me no end to win the beauty contest, and have being part of my characters fluff…

storminwolf
    Participant
    863xp

Meh. As an avid Boardgamer, I hate Monotony with a passion. Why could they not get a Settlers license at least ^^ Settlers of Mars with Admech… vs Exodites, Necron, Tyras ^^

amachan
    Participant
    4158xp

I’m going to build my hotel here on Armageddon and all you Orks and Imperial Guard all have to pay me when you get near it. Not sure how long this hotel will stay standing to be honest……..🤔😝

limburger
    Participant
    3563xp

LOL …

I hope they’re replacing money with troops and hotels/houses with some kind of battlefield objective.

However one has to wonder what ‘jail’ would be like in 40k monopoly.

As much as I dislike Monopoly I do want to see how much of an effort was made to use the 40k theme.

//

I suspect that the creators of Settlers are a bit more careful when it comes to licensing their game . Their Star Trek Catan game has a very Trekkie feel to it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.