Skip to toolbar
Resolution 2023: Race Against Raging Heroes

Resolution 2023: Race Against Raging Heroes

Supported by (Turn Off)

Project Blog by danlee Cult of Games Member

Recommendations: 52

About the Project

This year's hobby resolution is for me to go through each month's releases from Raging Heroes Patreon/Membership (Heroes Infinite) and ensure I have printed and painted at least one character, monster or unit. The idea being that membership is about £15 per month, so if I get just one unit out of it then I'm getting my money's worth.

This Project is Active

Sagatoth, Earth Golem

Tutoring 1
Skill 1
Idea 1
No Comments
Sagatoth, Earth Golem

For the Wizard’s Guild release I wanted to paint the golem model. I wanted to try an unusual stone. I have a clock made from a slice of blue agate and I realised that would be a good thing to try.

 

I started by painting the stone area calgar blue. Then I painted stripes and random blobs of russ grey followed by fenrisian grey. The I applied darker tones with ever decreasing in size blobs of teclis bluecaledor sky and mordian blue. Then I washed the entire area with drakenhoff nightshade. In hindsight it would have been better to start with a paler tone, such as russ grey rather than the mid-tone I picked.

 

The metal areas were painted screaming bell, washed reikland fleshshade, then highlighted with hashut coppersycorax bronze then finally runefang steel.

Aeverial the Fifth, Queen Saint

Tutoring 4
Skill 4
Idea 4
No Comments
Aeverial the Fifth, Queen Saint

I picked this model to get some practice with blending on the cape and banner.

 

The flesh was painted bugman’s glow, washed reikland fleshshade then highlighted  cadian fleshtone followed by kislev flesh.

 

The silver areas were painted leadbelcher, washed nuln oil, then highlighted ironbreaker followed by runefang steel.

 

The gold was painted retributor armour, washed seraphim sepia, then highlighted auric armour gold followed by liberator gold.

 

The inner cape was painted celestra grey then highlighted ulthuan grey followed by white scar.

 

The red cape was painted with two layers of khorne red, then successively highlighted with a mix of khorne red  and evil sunz scarlet, then evil sunz scarlet, then a mix of evil sunz scarlet and wild rider red, then finally with wild rider red. A was of carroburg crimson was used at the end to tie all the colours together.

 

The base was painted mechanicum standard grey  and washed with nuln oil. The stones on the base were painted russ grey, highlighted fenrisian grey, then washed nuln oil.

Thor

Tutoring 6
Skill 6
Idea 6
1 Comment
Thor

I wanted to avoid painting Thor and go for a more “unusual” model, but ultimately Thor was the best sculpt.

 

The skin was bugman’s glow, washed reikland fleshshade, then highlighted cadian fleshtone then kislev flesh.

 

The leathers and furs were painted mournefang brown, washed agrax earthshade, then highlighted skrag brown then deathclaw brown.

 

The trousers and gloves were painted zandri dust, washed seraphim sepia, then highlighted ushabti bone then screaming skull.

 

The hair was painted mephiston red then highlighted evil sunz scarlet follower by wild rider red.

 

The stone on the base was painted skavenblight dinge and then drybrushed administratum grey.

 

The blue cape was painted caledor sky and then progressively layered through mixes with teclis blue through to fenrisian grey.

 

The metal was painted leadbelcher, washed drakenhof nightshade, then highlighted runefang steel.

 

The cape? (could be the bifrost – I’m not sure) was painted several layers of white scar and then the pattern was painted with abaddon black.

 

The lightning was painted several layers of white scar, then painted twice with flash gitz yellow. It was then progressively highlighted with about three mixes of flash gitz yellow with progressively more white scar mixed in. Finally it got spot highlights of white scar.

Starting point

Tutoring 6
Skill 6
Idea 7
No Comments
Starting point

So as the year begins I’ve currently already filled two of the boxes. I printed almost all of the Egyptian models and terrain as part of a large project I began a couple of years ago (https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1660768/).

 

A also printed a character from the Steampunk Adventurers of the Mechanicum range a couple of weeks ago (https://www.beastsofwar.com/project-entry/1792953/).

 

As for the rest, I have the first three entries printed and assembled. I just need to cure them and then I’ll get started painting the first one.

Supported by (Turn Off)