Skip to toolbar

Babylon 5 reboot?

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Babylon 5 reboot?

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

This topic contains 22 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  admiralandy 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

blipvertus
    12199xp
    Cult of Games Member

@avernos

Link hopefully works but J. Michael Stravznski is working on a reboot of Babylon 5.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.space.com/amp/babylon-5-reboot-in-development

darthcheese
    Participant
    4192xp

All I can think of is legends of the rangers *shudder*

pagan8th
    Participant
    8949xp

I’m sick of reboots. I loved B5, but it won’t be the same without the original cast.

Rather have a continuation of the story than reboot… although most of the cast are dead sadly!

dawfydd
    11886xp
    Cult of Games Member

I find the idea fascinating for the opportunity it gives JMS to retell the story of Babylon 5, perhaps without a lot of the production uncertainties that forced him to accelerate some plots and cut others away completely.

Honestly though the biggest hurdle is going to be casting because there are some awfully big shoes to be filled of genuinely beloved actors who have either passed away or retired. I genuinely pity whoever they cast as Londo and G’Kar….

pagan8th
    Participant
    8949xp

Garibaldi and Ivanova were good too… and Bester… wonderful villain…

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@dawfydd don’t forget Ivanova …

Instead of production uncertainties due to financing we will get uncertainties due to possible #MeToo events and Woke shenanigans …
    You’ll never know who will get cancelled or fired after people discover something ‘outrageous’ that someone did decades ago or something they may have posted while drunk or otherwise mentally challenged.

It’s going to be politically correct as f*ck, because that is more important than telling a good story.
    /me cynical ? nah …

torros
    23802xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’d like to see them do the story of B1 to B4 or did they do that before?

captainventanus
    Participant
    4765xp

As others have said a reboot itself isn’t necessary. Exploring some other era of the universal properly would be far more interesting as the spinoffs were either rushed or awful depending on one’s perspective.

A reboot isn’t a guarantee that the “whole” story will be told as I would think there would be far more uncertainties about season upon season progression giving the need to hit targets is more of an issue these days. While I really really enjoyed Babylon 5 then and still regularly what the DVDs since then things have moved on and there needs to be more than just the nostalgia factor for this to be a success.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

@torros isn’t there an episode about one of the previous Babylon stations in the series ?

@captainventanus either a ‘next gen’ equivalent or something about the minbari (sp?) war would be more interesting (and more risky). Suffice to say that studios want ‘more money’ and ‘all of the money’ so I doubt they’re willing to take risks.

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’d welcome the new effects but I’d really miss the old cast. Especially since quite a few of them are no longer with us.

pagan8th
    Participant
    8949xp

B4 station was stolen by first B5 commander and used to time travel into Mimbari history.

I believe B1 to B3 were destroyed before completion, but been a while since I watched. Those DVD are staring at me right now…

avernos
    Keymaster
    33464xp

Pagan is right @torros B1-3 were sabotaged and never saw completion B4 was stolen and moved through time as told in Babylon Squared season 1 and the War without End two parter in season three

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  avernos.

mecha82
    Participant
    10037xp

This could be interesting considering that JMS is working on it. Who knows maybe this will turn out well and people will like it like happened with NuBSG. Even if it doesn’t original this exists. Not that it won’t stop people on internet getting outraged and others making money from it as usual.

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

just because it has the original writer/creative person working on it that doesn’t mean it won’t be shit.

Just look at what George Lucas did to his own universe … You could use it as proof that he didn’t write a single bit and didn’t care about it.

innes
    11086xp
    Cult of Games Member

Also, the fact that its for the CW is worrying. Just look at the absolute mess that is Batwoman.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)