Skip to toolbar

Mr Sheen vs. Pledge!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Mr Sheen vs. Pledge!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 88 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  tuffyears 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 102 total)
  • Author

unclejimmy
    9225xp

Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends! Even though it is not what everybody wants…

Another few days further from the Sun and I have noticed the evenings are getting shorter. So, what better excuse do you need to close the door, turn off the lights, turn up the music, and get down to it?

Please read everything before you do anything else. This thread is not for the faint-hearted or those without the ability to think without being overpowered by just how amazing I am! Here we talk nonsense and play with our toy soldiers…nothing else. If you do not like what we do then go and start your own version and then you can be in charge.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge“. Nothing too heavy, but as long as it is gaming related it will do. Build-it, paint-it, or play-it. Do them all if you feel up to it and the best bit is that you don’t even have to finish what you started. This is not a competitive thing, but more like [actually] watching paint dry. The ethos here is that happiness is the road. It is expected that you attatch pictures as evidence of your hard work.

You also get some question. No, not about your internet search history, but to get things going. We like to make things conversational and that way we all get to know each other a bit better. No txt tlk either. The use of the word “basically” is also banned completely. It doesn’t mean anything and how can you start a sentence with it? So it doesn’t make the cut.

Remember: NO PLEDGE = NO PLAY.

1. how well do you listen to people and do you correct mistakes?

I don’t mean take in what they are saying, but how they are saying it. Another couple of days laying about watching hee-haw, but what I did notice was the amout of mistakes people make while talking. It started when I heard someone say, “…they just turned a blind ear to them.” It’s a ‘deaf-ear’ or ‘blind-eye’. However, it is everywhere.

2. the most overrated things and the greatest?

3. best cartoon shows?

Accompany all of your good works with only the very best sounds. No wuss rock or that stuff that sounds like a hangover mixed with three car alarms going off. No headphones and at 11. Write us a playlist so that we might hear new songs. However, be ready to be judged on your choices. A well established image can be destroyed by listing the wrong thing!

While you are at it why not post a picture, tell a story, a joke, boast, brag, and do all the things you are not encouraged to do outside. We won’t tell…

Scottish pub law is in effect: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Such things are permitted if you need to make a better point or to complete a tale. However, no taking the piss. Any choobs that just try to stir things, because they didn’t get enough hugs growing-up, will be ignored and curse put upon them during the next full-moon.

The only ‘real’ rule in here is this…NO DICKS! Firms. We are all about being inclusive, but such people just ruin the vibe. I love everyone until they give me a reason not to.

dbkcdhdmj0jgwiayrxjak3s9pvucwcxz

You get the message? If you feel cold then sit in the corner…it is 90 degrees! Boom-Boom.

ceppie
    Participant
    1973xp

First!

Pledge: work on the last two store boards. I’ll fit in a day of homework this weekend, but I’m also hoping to get some work done on starship crew.

Questions when I get to work.

Anonymous
    0xp

Pledge – do stuff, haven’t decided yet – I do need to fill the gaps on quite a few Bloodletters… that’ll be a start and I’ll see where the flow takes me.

Questions
    1. I correct myself a lot, especially when I say “yous” or “I done”…  The plural of you is you, but Northern Irish people have a very bad habit of saying yous… yous are female sheep!  I’ve stop correcting people when they misuse the word literal and ignorance… people can wallow in their own ignorance as I don’t care.  Talking of care… when people say “I could care less”, doesn’t make sense to me.

2. Overrated – most people’s opinions of themselves… in a world of 6.5 billion, you ain’t that important.  Greatest – me.  See first point.

3. I have a soft spot for old cartoons now – Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tom and Jerry – comic genius.

As a kid I would have said these

mage
    Participant
    20595xp

A quick responses now that I am awake. Ive a busy weekend off ahead.

• My pledge:
    • Keep working on the three Battle Monsters Miniatures I started
    • Keep working on the Death Guard I posted last week
    • Keep priming my Astral Claws
    • Do a test sqyad of Astral Claws

Get, assemble and prime my Warhammer magazine subscription

While I would like to finish stuff, I have a lot to do today, a date tonight, a wedding reception tomorrow afternoon followed by drinks, and the gf’s kids birthday Sunday so I’ll only be able to squirrel away a few hours hobbying here and there over the weekend.

Ill be back for answers to the questions later. Hope everyone is well and in a good place.

unclejimmy
    9225xp

“Bloody hell, Vim – it’s a Marshall!”

@ceppie – that is twice…I am worried. 100pts. No, you mean ‘answers’! (thank you…I rest my case)

@robert – see, this is how you do it. 500pts.

Pledge = do stuff. I suppose i’ll let it go just because it is you! 100pts. I have heaps of ‘stuff’ that needs to be done too.

1. Good for you! 500pts. I ‘hear’ myself using some slang term, that I like, but depending on where I am I might just leave it in. Regional words are a great example I had not considered. If there is a gap betwwen a row of shops/houses what do you call it? Where I am from it is known as ‘a cut’. In Sheffield it is a ‘gennel’ – bloody weirdo southerners. However, consider giving regional directions? I need to find something better to amuse myself when I am flat. Maybe I should take-up a new hobby?

Watch from 01.10 for about 3 minutes if you have the time.

2. I love it! 5000pts. Overrated = the Beatles (in any form) Greatest = Heather!

3. They are even more funny when you are older. Tom & Jerry rule. I found a dead mouse in Dave’s garage and brought it in the house to show him. I held it out and he jumped onto the couch screaming “Thomas!, Thomas!” in a perfect recreation of the womans voice from the cartoon. I couldn’t stand up for laughing!

The best was Foghorn, I say, Foghorn Leghorn. Well, it is just W.C. Fields, but he rules too. I love Top Cat and would never miss it when I was a child. Then I discovered Sgt. Bilko when I was 13 and loved that, but I didn’t realise it is just the same show! Phil Silvers rules. His first job (aged 10-11) was to be a mourner at ‘Mob’ funerals.

Ulysses 31! That was brilliant. Really terrible, but great when you were a child. Some as ‘Battle of the Planets’. The D&D cartoon must have been when I was a bit older! However, there was a few real stinkers…Touche Turtle or Dogtagnan and the 3 Muskerhounds (I cringe just writing that).

@mage – “a quick response” is that right? I’ll be the judge of that! 100pts.

I don’t think I have been that busy over my entire life! Where are you going on your date? I hope that you date is not a “quick response”.

I am looking forward to seeing more work on your Death Guard. 200pts.

unclejimmy
    9225xp

@ceppie – just for you:

postal-forgiveness

1476402_600889176639200_2118529212_n

stall-350

Shoe-breakdownjpg

ceppie
    Participant
    1973xp

Answers to questions:

1. I don’t correct the mistakes of others anymore, as I’ve come to realize it doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. The non-word ‘irregardless’ used to make me foam at the mouth, as did the phrase ‘The bottom line is’… and then the person continues to speak for another 15 minutes.

I’m still bothered by people who are quick to toss out the word ‘oppressed’ over the dumbest shit, like someone getting their drive-through order wrong — or being called a dick, when they’re actually being a dick.

I find I listen to people a lot more, and am more empathetic than I used to be. I try to be more interested in the lives of those I meet, and actually find myself becoming genuinely interested the more I learn about them. I am, however, deaf to whiny self-proclaimed marginalized groups.

2. Most overrated things and the greatest: ‘Most overrated’ would steer me directly into politics and religion so I’ll stop there. Greatest? That plasticky nacho cheese dip. It’s probably radioactive, but I love it, especially with those new lime flavoured taco chips. The guy that thought those up should get the Nobel Prize, rather than the guys who merely found the Higgs Boson particle… unless those particles are what give the cheese dip its flavour and texture. Same goes for curry! It lights me up something fierce but I can’t get enough.

3. Best cartoon shows? I’ve gotta go with @robert on that one: Bugs Bunny, Sylvester. I was never fond of the Road Runner though. In fact, I wish Wile E. had caught that annoying f*cking bird. Why couldn’t he just hide at the side of the road and hose it down with an AR-15?

unclejimmy
    9225xp

@ceppie – 1. those intros people use are terrible…”at the end of the day”, “on a level playing field”, and “thinking outside the box” really boil my onions.

I have no idea what you mean by “or being called a dick, when they’re actually being a dick.” No idea at all. 10000pts.

With age comes wisdom, but you ahve to work at it! 200pts.

2. cheese dip is the best answer! It is rather foul…like cheese in a tube. It is just wrong. 500pts. Expensive food is so overrated too. That is why neds think they are classy.

Maybe that is where the taste comes from…did you know that Quarks have ‘flavours’? 200pts.

3. AR-15 is overrated! M-177 is the man. 500pts.

unclejimmy
    9225xp

Our new set of ITS cards just arrived today. Very sexy.

IMG_20190913_182749_HDR

…another box!

IMG_20190913_182814_HDR

Basecoated and inked Ratnik.

IMG_20190913_184038_HDRIMG_20190913_184105_HDR

O-12 nasty hard guys.

IMG_20190913_184141_HDRIMG_20190913_184151_HDR

The new War-Cor!

unclejimmy
    9225xp

Maybe we should operate this like a pyramid scheme? You have to recruit two friends who have to bring two friends, etc, etc. However, I don’t have two friends. I must have a funny smell because it can’t be my personality…

dont touch

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hi de Hi folks!

I’m still around. I got stuck into programming as a hobby again, so not much got done.
    Pledge wise I definitely will try to get my boyz assembled (it is Orktober after all ;-)), but I’m also going to see a lot of halftracks and maybe a few tanks tomorrow.

Home

Vehicles

It’s really cool to see these things functional after almost 75 years.

> 1. how well do you listen to people and do you correct mistakes?
    I’ll ignore it, because I kind of doubt they’d ever learn.
    A special place in hell needs to be reserved for people who think that using numbers instead of letters is cool.
    Anyone butchering a language by using misspelling on purpose  needs to go back to school and learn to write with a classic fountain pen or a goose feather quill pen. That’ll teach them … or at least stop them from writing stupid stuff until they’re old and gray.

It’s not like we’re limited to 40 characters in our text messages like the pre-internet era.

> 2. the most overrated things and the greatest?
    Overrated? So many popular things like Pokemon, Harry Potter and those damn reality shows.
    Greatest ?
    Where would we be without Beasts Of War and this weekly weekender thread ?
    Probably getting some hobby done … but hey, can’t hav everything right ?

> 3. best cartoon shows?
    Lots of good stuff already, so this is tricky.
    I’d say Futurama needs mentioning.

http://www.cc.com/shows/futurama

And also worth watching is Megas XLR

Anonymous
    0xp

@limburger this might be of interest – little insight into the work the Tank Museum in England have been doing to get their vehicles ready for the events in the Netherlands.

unclejimmy
    9225xp

@limburger – Ho-de-ho! That show was totally mince. -100pts.

1. I can dig that, but I do love watching them trying to work out if you are coming on the them or asking for directions. The lower orders do have their uses after all. 500pts.

I think you will find that the Pope said ‘Hell doesn’t exist’. So where will he go?

2. Harry Potter gives me heartburn. Never read any of that pop-tripe either. Is Hogwarts inspected by Ofsted? I would love to read their safeguarding policy! I like Flanders talking about it while reading to Rod and Tod, “…and Harry Potter and all the other wizards burned in hell for practicing magic!”

If we are keeping you from something better, or you have better things to do, then feel free to go and do them…

3. Futurama – 10000pts! Bender rules. It took me a while to warm to it, but it is awesome. I suppose I would have to say the Simpsons, but only pre series 15 episodes. They have just signed-up for 2 more seasons. Really?

Has anyone ever seen The Gogs?

I wouldn’t count Manga as ‘cartoons’. Not in this sense. Modern childrens cartoons suck. After ‘recess’ and ‘Ed, Edd, and Eddy’ they just became computer generated rubbish.

@roberts – tanks rule. 1000pts.

unclejimmy
    9225xp

If it counts then ‘Captain Scarlet’! The CGI version wasn’t dreadful, but it was close. The Mysterons used to give the the pure fear.

ceppie
    Participant
    1973xp

OK, while technically an animated film, and not a ‘cartoon,’ I thought I would throw this out there to see how old everyone was! This was very avant garde back in the day. Loved it. This is actually a link to the whole film:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)