Skip to toolbar

[Streaming] Thoughts, ideas and plans for the future.

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [Streaming] Thoughts, ideas and plans for the future.

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

So here is the thing: most of you reading the forums here are aware of the fact that I started streaming 12 weeks ago, resurrecting the Hobby Hangout which was dear to more then only me it seems. At first I did it alone but thanks to @avernos I’m usually in good company. This not only helps the background to the minis you lot paint and I show (because Gerry is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to tiny fighting men) but also took the 30 minute show to a very respectable 2 hours (‘ish) mark.

I never thought of doing this for that long or with that intensity. It started as a way for me to interact with people on a hobby basis to get away from the stress of the current pandamic-panic that’s everywhere. And boy let me tell you did that work. In case you can’t see it on stream or VoD: I’m having a blast. Only a hard time showing it sometimes.

The current plan for me is to keep the Tuesday unofficial Hobby Hangout going for as long as people and I enjoy it. What I mentioned on the last uHH was that I’d might stream some X-Wing Solo Play with the new “Solo Play Alpha rules”. Unfortunately, after a test setup, that isn’t an option. Simply because my webcam is to old and shabby and the lighting in the kitchen or garage (the only places where I could set everything up) is so bad that the picture looks like somebody liked the lens. But I might do a play through and record it with my HD video camera and then only do a VoD on Twitch/YouTube. [No, using the video camera for streaming isn’t possible because I would need a USB capture card that works under Linux and I can’t afford such prices atm]

But only the uHH feels a bit… empty for a stream. Plus I need 3 more streams in a 30 day period to get to the affiliate level of twitch. Yes, I’m a sucker for Star Wars *and* achievements.Β  So I’m planning “things”. If nothing goes terribly wrong I will try something online this weekend. I don’t know when or how, but I will let you know here and over on the discord.

That all being said I’m always open for suggestions and ideas. Maybe you’ve had an idea or concept floating in your mind and want someone else to test it before you go all in on it? Maybe you want to have an online chat? Or simply some news from the world of all things tiny fighting men.

Anyhow, again, I thank all of you who watched my streams and said nice and not so nice things (ya cunts) and I’m hoping to see all of you next time online. Have a nice week and take care.

avernos
    Keymaster
    33464xp

interesting, have you thought about doing the solo bat rep, recording it blah blah blah, and then doing a commentary on Twitch, what are the rules like, is it too random to be tactical, or what have you…

I shall ponder

flatbattery
    8265xp
    Cult of Games Member

I didn’t realise there were some X-Wing solo rules in the wilderness, I’ll have to get me some of that.

Due to conflicting live streams I’ve been catching up later with the Hangout, but still enjoying them. It must be a great help having so much material to go over now?

By the way, sorry, not sorry for the lack of pink ?

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

interesting, have you thought about doing the solo bat rep, recording it blah blah blah, and then doing a commentary on Twitch, what are the rules like, is it too random to be tactical, or what have you…

@avernos I actually had but I think it’ll come down to on how long a single play through will work.

@flatbattery just go HERE and you’ll find the download in the text from FFG. And yes, having sources is the be all end all. Happy to have the project system to suck on…. that sounded wrong…

avernos
    Keymaster
    33464xp

let me know when you have played a game, I may give it a try myself as well

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Roger Roger

Anonymous
    0xp

Cooking stream – Master Chef Torros can send you recipes and give tips.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well if @torros is a master chef then send any recipes my way because I’m still collecting those recipes that can be made into food that’s “gameable” (read: eat without any tools or cutlery and keeping fingers (relatively) clean.)

I already have a small collection over at https://www.omnomnomnicron.de/

limburger
    21533xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m sure you could fill a stream just talking about the beers and other alcoholic beverages you’ve had in the past few UHH shows πŸ˜‰

call the segment : “games, beers & bitez” or “On Table Snack” πŸ˜€

And yes … the steams have been a lot of fun.
    Especially when you guys go off-topic.

Suggested topic for next weeks’ show : why round bases are the best … πŸ˜‰

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

We’re never of topic because there are no topics!

blinky465
    17023xp
    Cult of Games Member

On Table Snack.

I’d tune in to that. If I could remember what day it’s on. And I’m not having my tea. And my internet worked.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Title of the episode: “Snack a normy” with a follow up episode “I need to bail jail”

laughingboy
    20672xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer for a simplified battlerep I would just use a mobile phone and something like iVCam which can be imported as a source into streamlabs. This can be done over wifi so you can move around the table etc, you could look at a gimble but not essential (i have one but rarely use it).

For my own streams, I tend to mix between painting and playing boardgames/wargames which gets some interest but it is a tough space to get viewers given there is a lot of great streamers in the space.

Good luck, I will certainly be watching.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

I have played around with DroidCam for that reason @laughingboy but it’s still a problem with mainly lighting. And I’m not going out buying lights and stuff them all in the kitchen… But I might us it as an additional camera for other things.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

A new format I tested:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)