Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] a draught is coming.

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] a draught is coming.

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy and paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

https://www.beastsofwar.com/forums/topic/introduce-yourselves-new-member-thread/

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save you any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy and paste ###

Questions:

• With an upcoming draught of “Gerry” (have a nice vacation mate, you’ve earned it) who will be the main talker in the next two weekender and XLBS shows?
    • Will you have some “annual leave” soon and if yes for how long?
    • If you go on holiday, do you take your hobby with you or does it stay beheind?

And now back to the show.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pledge: may some paint. primarily not dying of heat.

• My guess is Ben/Free and maybe Lloyd
    • yes, three weeks, but it’ll be a stay-cation like every year.
    • Nope. No point in that. I’ll forget to pack that one thing I really need and all is ruined. No, hobby remains at home. Maybe reading a rulebook or two.

Can I go back to bed now?

kronosthetraveler
    Participant
    5967xp

Pledge: try to finish up a piece of Admech terrain I’ve been plugging away at for over a week, or at least finish the base coat

• With an upcoming draught of “Gerry” (have a nice vacation mate, you’ve earned it) who will be the main talker in the next two weekender and XLBS shows?

-Not entirely sure, but it’s still good to hear that Gerry’s getting a break and can rest up a little bit; vacation does wonders for mental health as well as physical.

• Will you have some “annual leave” soon and if yes for how long?

-Actually had a vacation out of state recently for about a week, and it was AMAZING. Got to hold a baby alligator, ride on a scale model railroad, almost got heatstroke in an awesome botanical garden, saw two movies, and swam for the very first time!

• If you go on holiday, do you take your hobby with you or does it stay beheind?

-I prefer to leave my stuff behind so nothing gets lost or broken, and it takes some of the edge off having to come back from vacation and returning to the slog of the 9 to 5.

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Happy Friday.

My pledge is to finish painting the first 4 goblins I started the other day. Then hopefully make a start on the next lot (I seem to have acquired quite a few).

With an upcoming draught of “Gerry” (have a nice vacation mate, you’ve earned it) who will be the main talker in the next two weekender and XLBS shows?

If Warren is on it’ll be him, otherwise I’d say Ben. I’m just looking forward to the looks of panic like last time when they try to browse a site while presenting at the same time.

Will you have some “annual leave” soon and if yes for how long?

Yes, next week ?

Just for one week, and I don’t plan to travel very far. Mostly go out for walks and paint miniatures.

If you go on holiday, do you take your hobby with you or does it stay beheind?

I don’t take any hobby with me, apart from a maybe a novel to read. Certainly no miniatures or paints. Seems like too much of a hassle and extra packing.

@sundancer wrote

My guess is Ben/Free and maybe Lloyd

It would be nice to see Lloyd again, it seems like ages since he was last on.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Indeed @lloyd has made himself rare. At least in appearance. AFAIK he’s doing all the artwork stuff

pagan8th
    Participant
    9268xp

Lead vocal will be Lloyd possibly.

Not going on just yet.

When I do go on holiday I always research my destination to locate shops where I can buy more hobby… but I don’t take hobby with me… unless it’s a rule book… may read that.

Pledge: Work on another figure to completion. I might be able to do more than that given this long weekend in the US.

For the XLBS, Ben as the main man might happen if Warren doesn’t take the reins himself. I think its a slow grow transfer of presence given how long BoW was around before the rebrand.

Annual leave? Nope. I’ll be moving again in October as family has asked me to come out to live with them. Details are being worked out and I’m thinking my accrued leave time will need to be cashed out to cover it. (I’ll need to be done with Giftmas stuff earlier than anticipated).

Holiday hobbying is an at home thing. If I were to make a mobile kit it’d be more like a suitcase full of random bits and paint. I’d need to focus on a single aspect of a project in order to do anything smaller that would be reasonable to tote around. Putting on basing material or sculpting bases have been ny best successes in this arena.

templar007
    52356xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pledge: I’m working on 18″x18″ terrain tiles for ‘Marvel Crisis Protocol’.  Maybe just maybe I’ll shoot this on my four camera system in my ‘Beasts of War Hobby Tribute Studio’.  I have shot stuff many times before but always after editing I critique my work so badly that I decide not post and share it.      The OTT crew makes it look so easy!

Lead Host:  Gotta be Ben or could be Free.  Guest Host will be John or Justin, with maybe an appearance by the new chap that has been seen gaming vs Gerry lately.  Sorry, can’t remember his name at this very moment, (my apology to the lad).

I’m currently on a four day holiday, for USA Independence Celebration!  Yah Freedom!

I doubt I take a vacation, (as we call them here), this year.  I’m currently building a new refrigerated climate controlled bay at work to store over 300,000 film reels for a well know Hollywood Studio, (sorry can’t name them).

I think that is everything on the list of Questions.

Thanks to @sundancer for continuing to post this Weekender thread.

??

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

*grmbl* looks like an angry hamster ate my post … so once more (with feeling? 😉 )

1) With an upcoming draught of “Gerry” (have a nice vacation mate, you’ve earned it) who will be the main talker in the next two weekender and XLBS shows?
    If Warren re-appears then we’ll have to protect our ears again 😉

2) Will you have some “annual leave” soon and if yes for how long?
    I kind of had a month of ‘annual leave’ … and barring the 1:1 scale terrain remodelling I did zero hobby.
    OTOH … that did result in me finally having a bit of actual space dedicated to hobby.
    Not sure if it will work, but at least I will have one less excuse not to do a thing 😀

3) If you go on holiday, do you take your hobby with you or does it stay beheind?
    Only holidays I’ve ever been on were the two BoW bootcamps I’ve been to … so technically I’ve never left my hobby behind.
    I also managed to do more hobby during those jampacked weekends then I’ve ever done while at home.
    I’d say having a bit of focus really helps …

// —

Today I’ve been to the World Model Expo ( https://www.wme2020.com/ )
    The dioramas that people had made as well as the figures they had painted for the contest were unbelievable. I don’t envy the judges at all.
    I didn’t look at every single entry as there was too many and it was a bit too crowded to get a good view.

I’ve also seen Angel Giraldez in real life (he was doing demos for his new paint sets for Vallejo).
    And I’ve spotted “Hellloooo guyzzz !!!” Marco in the wild. I’m not someone who wants to talk to ‘famous’ people, so I didn’t talk to either of them.
    Besides I’m sure they were busy doing their own thing.

There was very little wargaming/tabletop related bits to see, although I did see one trader with a couple of copies of the Horus Heresy boxed sets. Not sure how that’s going to sell at a show like that though.

My own purchases were a set of army painter speedpaints, a couple of brushes, a wet palet and a primer spraycan.
    This should give me one less excuse to do some hobby 😀

I’ve posted a few pictures of the event in the cog-sanctuary channel over at discord.
    If the hamsters don’t eat them I will post them …

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

@templar007  you’re welcome. And don’t delete and not show your videos. Let them out in the wild! And if you want only us CoGs to see it make it an unlisted video. That way only those who have the direct link can see it.

@limburger  them hamsters are starving!

Hobby wise it has been a very slow weekend so far but I made myself a delicious chilli. A simple one but man those can be the best at times.

limburger
    21535xp
    Cult of Games Member

Let’s hope the hamsters are hungry …

20220702_12271720220702_12260020220702_12365920220702_12360120220702_12410920220702_12441420220702_12511220220702_12465820220702_125844

I had to convert images to 4 megapixel size due to upload limit of OTT forum 😀

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

“No 3D printing” – Winner of the show!

templar007
    52356xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks for sharing those pics @limburger

I now want to do a diorama like picture #5 & picture #8.

Also, those lucky people getting training from Mr. Giraldez, I’m soooo jealous. ??

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

I love those pics @limburger, makes me wish I was there.

So far it’s been a pretty good weekend. I got runner up in the Spring Clean Challenge for my Rocky Terrain project and I finished my pledge, 4 goblins and added them to my project.

C8A508E1-9277-4182-AF39-7B59A31F607A

Next I’ll be painting more Goblins.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Moanday morning.  Nice little set of Goblins.

I’ve been a bit busy too!

Day 40

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)