Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Brush your teeth!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Brush your teeth!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42616xp
    Cult of Games Member

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

Introduce yourselves (New member thread)

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save you any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy and paste ###

Questions:

• Do you enjoy brushing your teeth?
    • Did you do it well enough as a child so that old you know lives free of problems
    • Why am I asking this?

And now back to the show.

sundancer
    42616xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pledge: sleep a lot and  get better…

Answers:

• no
    • no
    • outch

It’s Friday and I need some Weekender now… release the video! 😉

limburger
    21545xp
    Cult of Games Member

it’s the *squeee-weee* kender

😀

– it’s a thing that needs doing, joy is not the word to use

– probably

– I heard good things about alcohol … it kills things too 😉

Trying to decide why I should not pre order the new Slaine game and failing to find any reasons that could work.

Music :

danlee
    22394xp
    Cult of Games Member

Just finished another model. https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1706063/

thumbnail_IMG_7244

1. Do you enjoy brushing your teeth? – I neither enjoy it nor hate it.
    2. Did you do it well enough as a child so that old you know lives free of problems? – Right up until uni, then I needed three fillings.
    3. Why am I asking this? – Have you had a recent visit to the dentist?

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m late, was waiting for the new thread post in the last thread.

My pledge for this weekend is to finish my Roman Heroes tonight (just varnishing and base to do) then I’ll probably start on some monk/cultists from Midlam Miniatures.

Saturday I’ll be playing my Gauls in SPQR defending a farm from some nasty Greeks.

Do you enjoy brushing your teeth?

Not really. Sometimes the toothpaste tastes nice.

Did you do it well enough as a child so that old you know lives free of problems

Nope. I have two teeth out due to fillings gone bad.

Why am I asking this?

If we were to know that then we’d know a lot more about the nature of the universe.

Trying to decide why I should not pre order the new Slaine game and failing to find any reasons that could work.

@limburger I’ve gone and preordered the all in bundle, FOMO be damned ? The models look great and will fit in with so many other things I play. It’s out in April to just time enough to re-read some of the comics.

2E8C2FA8-F9EB-4C28-AB5D-B6B2382E9EBE

I’ll just leave this picture here ?

sundancer
    42616xp
    Cult of Games Member

Just dropping this here:

https://9gag.com/gag/a71EjPr

More tomorrow XD

limburger
    21545xp
    Cult of Games Member

@demonsub yeah … tempted by the all-in too, ’cause why not ?
    I suspect the system will be similar to Dredd, except with more stabby knifes and less shooting of guns 😉

Also doing my best not to be tempted by the new GW killteam/eldar stuff that’s dropping soon.

oh … I got Quarantine 37 and Silver Bayonet recently, because I figured ‘why not’ … it’s just a few tiny books of rules. That’s never as bad as big boxes of plastic or metal that may or may not be opened.

District 9 boardgame has landed too. The rulebooklet is surprisingly tiny. The minis are definitely ‘boardgame quality’.
    The can of Puddi catfood was hilarious. It’s also got an ingredient list, instructions and barcode like a real product has.

DSC_0006DSC_0007

cazboab
    2397xp
    Cult of Games Member

I didn’t brush my teeth enough as a kid, but it worked out for me since i got massive periodontonitis and they’re made of polycarbonate now so i can boil wash them…

limburger
    21545xp
    Cult of Games Member

I may have accidentally clicked on the ‘buy’ link at the Warlord website.
    And then a few robots and monstrous crocodile aliens landed into the basket as well …

Sorry, not sorry 😀

sundancer
    42616xp
    Cult of Games Member

So just to get you lot all on the same page:

I might post weird stuff and be “off” at time… the painkillers and antibiotics work, pain is getting less but at the same time I’m very dizzy/light headed… reading works but interaction is… yeah, nothing going to happen today XD

Hope you lot are all well…

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

@limburger Did you just go for the basic set of did you choose one of the bundles for Sláine?

@sundancer Hope things get better soon. Must be pretty bad if you are on antibiotics.

Today is my birthday, the wind is howling so  I’m spending the day indoors watching the Dark Crystal and eating nice food, then Friends over later to play a game of SPQR.

sundancer
    42616xp
    Cult of Games Member

Happy Birthday mate!

limburger
    21545xp
    Cult of Games Member

@sundancer hope the doc can take care of that tooth of yours soon … we need that UHH distraction every week 🙂

@demonsub happy birthday kiddo/grandpa (take your pick  😉 )

I gots meself The Bundle … (and I got to use some of my warloid points for a small discount, so win/win 😀 )

sundancer
    42616xp
    Cult of Games Member

Sunday… need breakfast… need coffee… need XLBS….

sundancer
    42616xp
    Cult of Games Member

Moanday morning

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)