Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] The calm befor the storm

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] The calm befor the storm

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 31 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy and paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

Introduce yourselves (New member thread)

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save you any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy and paste ###

Questions:

• Have you seen Obi-Wan Kenobi yet?
    • Did you follow last nights Star Wars celebration?
    • Will you be at UKGE next week?

And now back to the show.

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pledge: finish my Heresy Miniature ladies

Answers:

• Not yet but I am very eager to push that play button
    • partially. Went to bed 1/3 of the way. I can only stay awake for so long….
    • Nope.

And now: moving pictures

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Happy Friday.

My pledge this week is to finish the 9 Fomorians I’ve just started, then it’s onto Balor on his stag and that’ll be all of the current Sláine models painted.

Have you seen Obi-Wan Kenobi yet?

Nope. Going to wait until most of the show is out before subscribing to Disney plus for a month, then I shall binge watch it.
    For spoiler reasons I’ll also be binge listening to Imperial Interlude as I get through the Obi-Wan shows.

Did you follow last nights Star Wars celebration?

No. I heard some mention it was on but forgot where or when it was on.

Will you be at UKGE next week?

No, but I’ll be following the coverage of it here.

limburger
    21591xp
    Cult of Games Member

1) Have you seen Obi-Wan Kenobi yet?
    Only in the movie and cartoons.
    What’s with this resurrecting of dead guys in the star wars universe ?
    First boba
    Now Obi1 ?
    And Andor next …

what’s the point when we all know how it ends ?

2) Did you follow last nights Star Wars celebration?
    Wasn’t that supposed to be on the 4th of May ?
    Not sure why … but it didn’t feel like Disney+ was celebrating anything and that’s my only contact with these star wars.

3) Will you be at UKGE next week?
    Only virtually … it will be interesting to see if any new stuff is shown.

Maybe GW announcing 40k 10th edition ? 😉

btw :
    bot wars bots assembled and primed yet ?

I’m doing 1:1 scale maintenance and reorganizing, so may not do any actual hobby.
    OTOH … once I’m done I may have proper space for hobby.

//
    I think these videos have been posted ages ago … but if you want modern day weirdness to inspire a rpg session :

A sequel to Overlord was supposed to be kickstarted, but that campaign was cancelled.
    I’m guessing it is just too niche a thing to get funded, which sucks because the setting itself has more than a few ideas that may inspire others.

Oh … and ‘True Lies’ is getting the reboot/series treatment.
    Not linking it, because even though it was apparently based on a French movie I just can’t help but think that we’ve got yet more proof that imagination and originality is dead.

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Star Wars Celebrations != May 4th. It’s two different things. SWC is also in Europe every other year if I remember correctly.

bot wars bots assembled and primed yet ?

Not yet. In order to get the maximum from it (aka content for youtube) I need to record it and that I can usually do only in the evenings.  So maybe tonight while watching the weekender.

danlee
    22413xp
    Cult of Games Member

This week’s pledge is to finish some scatter terrain I’ve been working on to go along with my Dweghom.

1. Have you seen Obi-Wan Kenobi yet? – Thought that was still a few days away. I’ll have to try and catch it over the weekend.
    2. Did you follow last nights Star Wars celebration? – Nope.
    3. Will you be at UKGE next week? – No. I’m only 20 minutes away and was tempted, but now the missus has booked us a holiday so I can’t go. Maybe next year.

limburger
    21591xp
    Cult of Games Member

Seen Kenobi … and it has a Book of Boba feel to it, so expect someone other than the title character to be the main focus next week.
    Should have been retitled : the Jedi Babysitter Chronicles …

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

No. I’m only 20 minutes away and was tempted, but now the missus has booked us a holiday so I can’t go. Maybe next year.

@danlee Oh I know that feeling. “I could go any time… it’s just down the street.” Moments later “What do you mean it’s already over?”

@limburger  I think it’s more a “broken man story”. As Obi Wan said “The fighting is done. We lost” He is just over and done with it. Let’s see where they lead us. I doubt Leia will play a longer part but we will see.

danlee
    22413xp
    Cult of Games Member

Got the terrain finished. https://www.beastsofwar.com/project-entry/1742790/

thumbnail_IMG_7686

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

I can’t the the woods for all the trees XD Nice work.

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Sunday and I’m up way to early. Why? Daughter needs a taxi driver. Well, at least I already finished the XLBS and will have a whole Sunday to do stuff… potentially. XD

limburger
    21591xp
    Cult of Games Member

I do wonder about the timeline of Obi1 series.
    It is clearly set 10 years after the 3rd part in the anakin trilogy.
    We’re also given the age of Leia (10), which means that Luke is the same age (twins right?)
    That gives what .. 6 years maximum until the events of the original trilogy ?

Not quite sure how he’s going to get as grey as old Ben was in that first starwars movie …

If Leia didn’t have a role to play in the series then the two-part opening would have ended with her safe back home.

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Not quite sure how he’s going to get as grey as old Ben was in that first starwars movie …

Well just look at how fast the emperor has “wrinkeld” from one battle with the Jedi. I would guess there will be some excessive force using in the future.

limburger
    21591xp
    Cult of Games Member

but he used the bad force … that always makes one wrinkly and cranky 😉

kind of like how lack of coffee makes some people want to murder others 😛

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

And Ben only went white … could as well be the suns on Tattoine  do a hell of a job on your hair.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)