Skip to toolbar

ELEGOO Mars printer

Home Forums 3D Printing for Tabletop Gaming ELEGOO Mars printer

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  nyckeau 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

madasaskaven
    2602xp
    Cult of Games Member

35DEC1CC-9F0A-4694-A429-F653919548E407491680-DDCE-415B-830C-D7DC9E17E499AEEE8630-4569-4802-B6DE-681164E8F63FSo now I have an SLA type printer just making a few vehicles for my chain of command wargames.

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

The prints look very good. How long did they take and how bad is the smell? From what I heard resin printers are a bit smelly

madasaskaven
    2602xp
    Cult of Games Member

The jeep and Paz 38t body took about 3 1/2 hrs each.  The sexton about 5 hrs.  All printed at .05 which had I done the jeep on my press it would have taken 12 hrs. It’s like super fine.  But for resin printing it’s like draft.  The smell is quite bad but it’s in the shed so with the door open it’s not too bad.  Wouldn’t want it in the house.  However I read some resins smell worse than others.  I’ve ordered a different brand to see if I can tell the difference.

theoneaeon
    1416xp

I have used Elegoo’s own resin and I don’t think the smell is bad! the IPA to clean up is much more smelly. I have only had my printer for about 4 weeks and only printet about 20 items. But I must say I love it. Now I just have to learn hav to 3d model 🙂

madasaskaven
    2602xp
    Cult of Games Member

IMG_0962

limburger
    21591xp
    Cult of Games Member

I think keeping a window open is a good idea either way …

Great detail, but the speed (or rather lack thereof) is not there yet IMHO.

jocke
    4043xp
    Cult of Games Member

I have my Elegoo Mars for about a month, using just Elegoo Gray Resin it doesn´t smell at all.

Printed a lot so far.

1e587442-f0cd-4eb0-a09b-c395576b3843BeholderAGFG

I Love this printer ^^

jocke
    4043xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh, and I printed a lot more, but don´t want to spam the forum with pictures ^^

madasaskaven
    2602xp
    Cult of Games Member

they look great. I’m just about to print a Pz4. I’ve found a few times I have failed prints where it is stuck to the FEP, but I’ve just re-leveled my bed this morning. So I hope this cures the issue.

shingen
    13941xp
    Cult of Games Member

And yet another happy Elegoo Mars user. Got my last week and I’m amazed by the detail it can produce. Some samples bellow:

20191028_132250_HDR

moter
    Participant
    20xp

§Where you get thos Guardsman?

tobymagill
    1414xp

Hi – quick question for the resin printing experts. Do you think they are safe to use if the only hobby space avaliable is a loft with no windows?

I have been looking at resin printers but have assumed that due to the lack of windows where I hobby they wern’t an option. If it helps the loft is pretty big and runs the length of a normal sized UK house. I was hoping that with less smelly resin and water washable options, there might be some combination I could get to work.

Cheers in advance for the help – the printed minis look awesome by the way.

sweetdaddyg
    Participant
    69xp

Recently got an elegoo mars pro and it’s changed my hobby life! Had a cheap filament printer too and it’s good but more for large terrain pieces etc

maledrakh
    Participant
    11996xp

I recently bought the Elegoo Mars Pro and am using “PrimaCreator Value Water Washable Resin”. After a couple of misfires due to the ogre-sized minis falling/getting sucked off the premade supports, I have started doing my own supports and yes, the machine prints very well. I still need to learn and do tweaks, but from my third print they have all been good.

The water washable resin I have is very low smell and should not be much of an issue even in windowless lofts or wherever. I would probably want to air out every so often just in case.

templar5836
    3327xp
    Cult of Games Member

I have had an elegoo Mars for about 5 months now. I have never ceased to be amazed with the quality of the prints. I have printing minis in every scale from 10mm to 28mm including some 40k dreadnought sized pieces with very few issues and most of those problems came from trusting presupposed files from thingiverse. As for the smell, I have my printer in a basement with very little ventilation and like a few others have said the alcohol smells much worse then the resin. In the last few months I have switched over to the Elegoo water washable resin which has very little smell at all, and removes the need for alcohol. I would highly recommend making the purchase if you are on the fence…as long as you have the will power to resist subscribing to every patreon that offers stl files.

Those guardsmen up above are feudal guard by “the makers cult” on their  CGTrader store the files for the squad are about $10 if I am not mistaken. They have units on there to build an entire army even vehicles

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)