Skip to toolbar

Finishing the Silver Tower Box set

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Finishing the Silver Tower Box set

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ninjilly 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

Some time back in the age of myth (ok, maybe 2-3 years ago), I got a box of Warhammer quest, Silver tower. I’ve painted most of the heroes (save the elves) and the big Ogre. The rest of the box was a lot slower going, which my constant falling off and climbing back onto the painting wagon hasn’t helped in the least. Anyways, I’m back on the wagon and finishing the box set once and for all (or until I fall off again). Right now I’ve finished or abandoned the goblins and the horrors. First the goblins:

Goblins 001Goblins 002

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

Now the horrors. Early when I started this set, I decided to stick to three colors for all the NPCs except the Skaven (who are coming). So, my Brimestone Horrors are more silver than Brimestone colored. And the Pink Horrors will be kind of… yellow. But the Blue Horrors are still blue…ish… Anyways, here are the Brimestone Horrors:

Brimestone 001

The (slightly) Blue Horrors:

Blue 001

And the “Pink” Horrors:

Yellow 001

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

Last for today, are the Familiars:

Blot 005Blot 004Blot 003Blot 002

Thank you all for looking, more coming soon.

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice work on persevering through the stack of plastic here. I look forward to seeing the other’s as you get through them.

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

After what I’ve shown, you want more?

Ok then, here are the Cultists.

Cultists 003Cultists 004Cultists 005Cultists 006

As I said earlier, I had decided to stick to three specific colors for the Gaunt Summoner and his minions. It seemed a good way to make sure anyone I introduced the game to, assuming I ever did such a thing, wouldn’t confuse the minions with the player characters. Which goes to remind you; Even when you can justify a decision, that doesn’t mean it’s a good one.

motioninpoetry
    Participant
    1704xp

good luck painting the rest of the game 🙂 ha ha, I I’m in the same situation, been trying to finish painting the set for a couple of years 😛 ha ha

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

So, I’m going to try posting one picture a day, to keep this thread as fresh as I can until about Wednesday for… no reason in particular. Here’s the Arcanite Summoner, who I should have probably saved until last, but whatever:

Boss 001

davehawes
    7768xp
    Cult of Games Member

Keep up the good work! If you ever get a chance, would be cool to see a picture of a game with these models in play. Looks like you’ll have a nice consistent theme throughout the table.

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

First, a Beastman:

Beastman 001

And just for something completely different, one of the player characters who was done a long time ago:

Helloladies 002

beardragon14
    7474xp
    Cult of Games Member

I do like your different take on the set…. I haven’t done much with mine for almost two years … I am now slightly more inspired . Thanks mate can’t wait to see the rest.

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

Another Beastman:

Beastman 002

And some PC pieces I finished a while back, because I’m more impressed with them than my bad guys:

Sigmarine 012

Hammerboy Hammerboy's pet

georgesealy
    2670xp
    Cult of Games Member

@brianfowler713 looking good. I love the priest – such crisp, strong colours.

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

One last Beastman:

Beastman 003

Now I’ll work on finishing the Skaven assassins, the Elven assassin, and the Mistweaver. Regarding that last one, I was so unhappy with the way my first attempt at the Mistweaver turned out (mainly the priming was overdone to the point her mask is as rough as gravel) I actually bought another, so she may take awhile.

Before I go, here are some Chaos worshipping PCs (I still can’t believe I painted one Khorne worshipper, let alone two.)

Borne 001DBorne 002DFoureyes 004

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

Did forget to put up a picture today? I almost forgot to put up a picture today. Thought about showing my Ogroid Thaumaturge but I’ve shown enough guys long finished already. Here are the Skaven Assassins:

Skaven 002Skaven 003

The story behind the Skaven in the books is that only one of them is real and the other is an illusion, so I probably should have painted them both the same color, but that was boring.

My original Mistweaver from the box set, which I do not like at all.

Mistweaver 001

The primer went very uneven on her (like the goblins above), particularly in the face and knee plate. Also, I apparently lost her bird skull belt. Don’t remember how, I just know she’s missing a piece my new Mistweaver has.

Mistweaver 002

And what the heck, here’s my Ogroid Thaumaturge:

Ogre 004

That’s it for today, hope you all see this on the Hobby Hangout!

brianfowler713
    Participant
    3336xp

Prepare for updates, I’m opening the floodgates! A finished elven assassin:

Assassin 003

I find it funny this model is a male, because the only army I can imagine him fitting in are the “Daughters” of Khaine.

For the biggest update, here is the progress on my second mistweaver:

Mistweaver 004

This was my attempt at a zenith spray. After the zenith, I was going to try and follow this tutorial. I was going to try and follow it, until the bottle of Screamer Pink jumped up and, well, screamed at me. Sooo…

Mistweaver 006Mistweaver 007

Here is a side by side comparison of her with my old mistweaver. Hopefully this will make it clear why I got another one.

Mistweaver 005

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)