Skip to toolbar

Help bolt action 650 points

Home Forums Historical Tabletop Game Discussions Help bolt action 650 points

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gainey 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

gainey
    Participant
    10xp

Hi i am new to bolt action and have the us units, I bought band of brothers and since added, mortar team, sniper, bazooka, mmg team, and a half track, flame thrower team.
    I need help if you can, I am playing in a tournament in two weeks 650 points max no vehicle with higher the 7+ can you help suggest a list happy to buy something else to add but I need to allow that they will have a tank cheers

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

I’m not well versed in the U.S. lists (I play Brits and Germans) but I will offer a few tips. At that sise game, stick to a 2nd Lieutenant and maybe one extra chap with him. You maintain a low point drop into him and with only a 2 man squad you gain the small unit advantage to keep him going. Next to that, if possible, take three infantry sections. This gives you some more dice in the bag and also a good spread for battlefield control. In smaller, less vehicle heavy, games I would definitely recommend the MMG, but maybe leave the Bazooka in the depot and maybe slip in the sniper team to pick off officers and weapons. As I said, I’m not sure of U.S. points, but if the rules say only 7+ armour, my assumption would be that they would be primarily open-topped vehicles, so the deficiency in AT fire shouldn’t be an issue and save you the points (even a light AT gun can be a bit of a drain). Hopefully that helps!

gainey
    Participant
    10xp

Great thanks

olliep
    6011xp

Can’t go wrong with a Hellcat – 155pts, with potential Recce upgrade for an extra 10pts, it’s fits in the 7+ armoured car category with a Heavy AT gun

elessar2590
    18202xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’d take a 2nd Lt with one man, Five 6 man Para Teams with Rifles, Bazooka and Flamethrower Teams with a medic.

30 Rifles that can move and fire with a medic to keep them alive is very scary.

gainey
    Participant
    10xp

Thanks everyone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)