Skip to toolbar

Prepainted Miniature Lines?

Home Forums Painting in Tabletop Gaming Prepainted Miniature Lines?

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ced1106 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

midnightblue
    Participant
    1285xp

What sources/vendors are there for prepainted miniatures?

I rely heavily on Wizkids for my miniature options (Heroclix, Horrorclix, Actionclix, D&D, Pathfinder, Starfinder).  I’ve also got a ton of Wizards of the Coast minis from when they tried to keep a toe in the action (D&D, Star Wars, Axis & Allies, Axis & Allies War at Sea, Dreamblade).

What other options are out there?  Anything I’m missing?

I’d love to find prepainted minis in the genres of 20’s-50’s Pulp, Wild/Weird West, WWI, WWII, Samurai/Ninja, Steampunk, and Pulp Sci-fi (Flash Gordon, John Carter, & the like).

Any thoughts?

avernos
    Keymaster
    33838xp

you’ve pretty much listed the only ones I know and a few of them are no longer in production.

I think you’ll be very lucky to find any more suppliers outside of those

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well for WWII, Wild West and Ninjas you could get lucky in the toy stores or at cheap places like Poundland but I guess those will be in weird “scales” and of questionable quality…

Maybe go for LEGO? 😉

EM4 Miniatures

Pre-Painted Miniatures

ivelilla
    Participant
    142xp

I just tried with 3d printers to make them prepainted, but final result looks like more like a toy than a miniature.

piscis 75mm

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Oh, speaking of 3D printing. HeroForge with their coloured prints!

https://www.heroforge.com/

ivelilla
    Participant
    142xp

Never seen one of these prints from Heroforge.

I finally prefer to paint myself and take some fun.

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

@avernos wasn’t there some printed minis made by the community to arrive in the studio or was that already and I’m just forgetting everything… I remember the voting but everything after that is a blur.

midnightblue
    Participant
    1285xp

@warhammergrimace those look like they could work for some of the areas I’m lacking minis.  Sadly some of the sets I’d want are out of stock.  I wonder how often, if ever, they restock.  I’ll try to contact them and find out.

Everyone: thanks for the discussion!  If anyone thinks of anything, keep adding to the list!

@sundancer heh, LEGOS.  Funny thing, my mom and step-dad, in their retirement, have recently discovered LEGOS in the pandemic and have gone NUTS buying and building kits.  Something I never thought I’d see in my lifetime.  🙂

midnightblue
    Participant
    1285xp

@warhammergrimace you just cost me a couple hundred bucks, but I got a bunch of wild west, oriental, sci-fi mercs, and a couple gladiators headed my way (free shipping to the US though!).  Thanks!  Again, they had a few more sets I’d buy if they come back in stock.  Chatted with their amazing customer support and it isn’t out of the question.  Signed up for their newsletter for advanced warning.  Again…thanks!  This helps me grab some figures in the areas I was lacking.

Might just have enough painted minis to gets some games of Coffins & Tombstones, Pulp Alley (Western theme), and Ronin on the table!  🙂

avernos
    Keymaster
    33838xp

There is but I got the feeling from the post that they didn’t want to spend $30-50 per miniature so I didn’t mention it

avernos
    Keymaster
    33838xp

actually I just thought of something, what is your view on standees?

https://wofun-games.com/ ships from US as well as Europe

https://flatpackforces.com/ is currently only shipping to UK but worth sending Andy a message as shipping to US is less of a hassle than to the EU

both do a range of figures in mdf or acrylic and I rate both highly, I own a fair bit of each.

https://peterspaperboys.com/ is the daddy of them all, but will require you to print and cut them out yourself, WoFun has a license and is slowly releasing a lot of them mind you

@midnightblue Happy to help with emptying your bank account lol

midnightblue
    Participant
    1285xp

@avernos I’ve been collecting some standees for a bit now as a substitute.  I have quite a bit for Deadlands/Doomtown to help on the western front.  They are definitely better than nothing.  Thanks for the links!

ced1106
    Participant
    6221xp

> Never seen one of these prints from Heroforge.

HF colored custom miniatures are expensive (about $45), but, for RPG’s, if you’ve been playing only one character for years, I guess it’s worth it. Obviously, the price puts it out of a casual gamer’s warband, and any gamer’s army. Do you research for the reviews. I know the quality has been better, but, at one time, the miniatures had a “frosted” coating. Supposedly, a gloss varnish got rid of it, but for $45, I’d expect higher quality. Like any miniature, don’t assume the renders accurately show the production miniature…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)