Skip to toolbar

Project System Problems…

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Project System Problems…

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  alfonsothetraitor 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

pagan8th
    Participant
    9858xp

Why is the project system so slow and buggy? Whenever I try to create a project I have to wait a very long time for a short list of options to appear. Even waiting for the project status options (of which there are only 2) takes a long time.

The forums are slow to respond too, as are links from the homepage to any articles on the website.

Is the BoW website running on a ZX81?

darthcheese
    Participant
    4423xp

Not going to lie but I have to agree, I’ve lost track of the amount of times I’ve updated a project only for it to crash and lose everything I’ve done. Very frustrating.

amachan
    25655xp
    Cult of Games Member

I agree that it is worse lately, it’s always been bad sadly.

tgu3
    Keymaster
    4348xp

Apologies for the performance issues, short term we have recently increased the size of our server virtual machines, fixed the load balancing configuration and will also increase server reboots to aid the site performance.

Long term we are in the early stages of R&D for more substantial changes to the platform with the aim to improving site performance.

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Here’s hoping long term isn’t *that* long 😉

angelicdespot
    4687xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks @tgu3 – I’ve just created my first project for the Spring Clean Challenge and found it very slow and frustrating. And lost text that I’d uploaded.

It’s a shame because apart from these issues I really like the way it looks and find it very simple to use.

collins
    16344xp
    Cult of Games Member

yeah, project system is a really cool function, but I do need to put aside a lot of time to complete entries. to be fair, it can often take around 22 seconds to load the home page never mind adding images to the projects one at a time.

edit. ironically I had a Cloudflare ‘A timeout occurred Error code 524’ code come up when writing this comment, clearly it registered it but fell over afterwards. I have found load times to be better when not logged into the site though so might be linked to the advert settings in my profile?

pagan8th
    Participant
    9858xp

Whatever ‘quick fix’ was tried for the project system has made no difference at all… got time out errors earlier after a long ‘sending’…

oriskany
    60737xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’ve been trying to load a paragraph of text and a podcast hyperlink for about 15 hours now … sadly it’s still not happening.  I keep getting a CloudFlare kick-out message.

oriskany
    60737xp
    Cult of Games Member

All right, I got it finally.  😀  Here’s the message I keep getting.
    I think it’s causing some duplicate entries, but that part is my fault.  😀

Screenshot 2024-04-14 154815

pagan8th
    Participant
    9858xp

Yup… That’s the timeouty I keep getting.

jamescutts
    6878xp
    Cult of Games Member

Got to admit I’ve not been contributing of thinking of keeping projects upto date as much due to how temperamental the project system can be.

I’ve actually got my own “secret project system project” that’s very high speed prototype, sadly and for obvious reasons its read-only so no contributions and the projects tend to be a few days behind in their updates. I’d love one day to be able to reveal it though.

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2062xp

I have only put one project in here, and gave up after many of the same issues, along with random sideways photos.

I did get a Golden Button, so, yay me.

Would love to share more. Just too frustrating.

tgu3
    Keymaster
    4348xp

Hi all, still working on resolving the 524 timeout. Apologies for the continued inconvenience.

144artist
    25543xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks for the update.  Much appreciated

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)