Skip to toolbar

Shifting Strategies – Developer Alex Davy Introduces a New Format for SW:Legion

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Shifting Strategies – Developer Alex Davy Introduces a New Format for SW:Legion

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

So FFG does SW:L skirmish now

Starting today, you can experience Star Wars™: Legion in a whole new way using a brand-new format! This new way to play significantly reduces the size of armies, inviting players to adapt their playstyles and develop creative new strategies. Learn about how these intense, smaller-scale engagements alter the dynamic of the battlefield as developer Alex Davy highlights the tactical advantages that this format brings to the table.

It boils down to:

• 500 Points (not 800)
    • smaller roosters
    • 3′ x 3′ play area (not 3′ x 6′)
    • Special skirmish battle cars.
    • Skirmish tournament structure

Everything can be found in the PDF in the article at FFG. SOURCE

Had we known this sooner this might have been great for the Star Wars Weekend…. XD

thebelon
    7270xp
    Cult of Games Member

Im looking forward to trying out the skirmish rules.

I think the shorter game time is going to help me get more of my gaming friends interested.

Im going to give the rules a go at the weekend,although im a little worried as my other half plans on using vader, an at st with no upgrades.with shore troopers and a morter as the core choices.its not many units but its a lot of wounds. Think my rebels are gonna get squished, unles its objective based im which case i can sit on the objectives and dodge as much as i can.

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

I think the shorter game time is going to help me get more of my gaming friends interested.

Same here… setup won’t take so long also 😉

bubbles15
    Participant
    2308xp

Forgive me on this one, but when Legions came out we all thought ‘great! We are replaying the battle for Hoth.

Our group really went a bit mad over that plan but there was no AT AT – and ok, it’d be big but if you want it, why not?

Then it died down a bit and Clone Wars came out and then it was Kashykk, or the first appearance of the Clone army on Geonosis, with a dozen landers flying in having troops leaping out, with missile tanks and stalkers everywhere. Maybe we needed a different scale? We love Dropzone and play that a lot – and Dropfleet just be nice for an equivalent Starwars but with slightly bigger models.

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Something in the scale of X-Wing with ground troops and vehicles?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)