Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Bunnies and chocolate

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Bunnies and chocolate

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy and paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

https://www.beastsofwar.com/forums/topic/introduce-yourselves-new-member-thread/

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save you any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil. This includes no philosophy, no home computer culture wars.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy and paste ###

Question of the week:

• Will you do some form of Spring Cleaning? Clearing the hobby room? Taking part in Spring Clean Challenge 2024? Tidying the attic?

And now back to the show.

pagan8th
    Participant
    9858xp

Pledge is to complete the terrain piece I’m working on for Dragonbane. It’s a god prison.

As for Spring Clean Challenge… done that… it involved moving furniture and reorganising all my games and RPG stuff.

The finishing touch is to dispose of the games I will never use again and make space for the stuff I don’t need, but will buy in the future.

Not something that will win me a prize at BoW… but I feel better about it.

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Not something that will win me a prize at BoW… but I feel better about it.

I hear and feel you. It’s very satisfying to have a short period of “there is space here” just before the next pile of plastic build up XD @pagan8th

And why didn’t I answer my own post last night? Could be because I was very tired and the page took ages to load. XD

Pledge: Paint up the Bar Room Brawl minis from 2023s Advent Calender.

And that is also my entry for Spring Clean Challenge 2024. I might also be getting some more containers and build some more transportation for my Star Wars: Legion… after I’ve cleared the garage. The mess in there gets worse and worse. :S

For today’s music: new old stock!

Enjoy the weekend.

danlee
    22413xp
    Cult of Games Member

This week’s pledge is to get started on my Spring Clean challenge project. Probably just a matter of getting everything out, photographing it, then creating the first post. If anything needs ordering to complete the project I’ll get them ordered.

• Will you do some form of Spring Cleaning? Clearing the hobby room? Taking part in Spring Clean Challenge 2024? Tidying the attic? – Yep. See above.

limburger
    21591xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m documenting and planning my hobby room (and the rest of my house) as I write this.

Not sure how much of that will be done before the spring clean challenge ends, but if the OTT hamsters are able to bare the load I shall update my project with all the details.

At the moment I’m more into doing the things and less into writing about them, because I do need to get this finished for my own sanity. 🙂

One more week ’til I get internet in my new space, so probably more time to post when that’s done too.

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well. Sunday and we (family and I) should be an the in-laws. But my wife’s car decided to be very hot in the engine. Hopefully it was just a little bit low on fluids. Will test again tomorrow when we are supposed to be an my mothers place.

Cars are crap.

danlee
    22413xp
    Cult of Games Member

Spring clean challenge 2024 started (i.e. I found the old project stuff and photographed it).

Egyptian Mythology Display – Spring Clean 2024

thumbnail_IMG_1230

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Well, looks like car #2 is heading straight for the bin. Need to make some calls tomorrow when the garage is open. *sigh*

redscope
    Participant
    2708xp

My pledge this week is erm random hobby stuff. I am just a bit all over the place with projects. I am not 100% in a hobby mindset to do painting but I have been building models and have 3 games this week.

I am in two minds with the Spring Clean Challenge 2024. I have plans to bring back the cursed city build and carry on with the market / docks location. The problem is I dont know how much will power I have to fight the project system to try and upload it. I assume it is not just me but even to load the page takes 3 minutes. When I try and update it is a 50/50 if it will upload or just crash and lose everything. I cannot seem to upload more than 1 or 2 images without it timing out.

Other people are uploading stuff is it just this bad for me ? Is just the chrome browser ?

pagan8th
    Participant
    9858xp

Just browsing the website is slow for me most of the time. Uploading takes ages.

I assume that it’s a fault with this website.

limburger
    21591xp
    Cult of Games Member

Given my backlog … pretty much anything I do would classify as a ‘spring clean challenge’.

If I were to catalog them all the projects system would probably not survive 😉

1:1 terrain painting is a challenge of its own. I’m literally learning as I go.

In addition DPD have been absolute cnuts … I’ve got an incoming package from the 7tv kickstarter, but somehow the f*ckers refuse to leave a notice of a delivery attempt and their support system is giving conflicting information. First they told me that the pickup point had refused the package and told them to return it. But now I’ve found out that they have merely returned it to the local depot and according to the digital tracking have attempted to deliver multiple times without informing me (or leaving any physical evidence of their attempt.

Not sure which is worse … the incompetent delivery driver or DPD’s own systems making things needlessly complex.

I hope to get it tomorrow (tuesday). At which point I have to mail crooked dice as to give them a status update (and hopefully get them to use a different company next time although I doubt they can do anything about that…)

Blood&Crowns rewards are currently stuck in limbo too, because although the greedy b*stards at the local logistics company have been paid to process they have given no date of delivery.

I’m once again reminded of the saying : “Pay peanuts, Get Monkeys”

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Other people are uploading stuff is it just this bad for me ? Is just the chrome browser ?

@redscope  it’s not you, it’s the site. 3 pictures at max is what I get to upload at any given time. regardless of file size.

Welcome all to this new week where a Tuesday pretends to be a Monday and all feels ‘meh’.

Also back to work. *sigh*

pagan8th
    Participant
    9858xp

DPD normally good around my area. For me it’s Amazon and Yodel that are the high risk of dumping stuff on a doorstep.

limburger
    21591xp
    Cult of Games Member

I’m sure it’s a combination of both delivery guy and company they are doing the delivery for. Somehow they also appear to be subcontracting (as in : the vehicle and uniform tend to be generic and not have the logo).

Compare that to the DHL delivery I had where the driver and van were in the company colours.

The *beep* that did the delivery for DPD simply knocked on my door and left the package on my doorstep.

Given that this is an appartment building with a door that outsiders can’t open … they probably ran in while doing delivery for another tenant or got lucky.

At least I got my stuff … so that’s done and I can get back to my own place.

sundancer
    42713xp
    Cult of Games Member

Finally Friday. Boy what a week.

Managed to do a bit of hobby but Im too scared to upload it to the PS XD Maybe later.

Hand in there, even if there is no Weekender this week.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)