Skip to toolbar

[unofficial weekender] Staaaaaaaaar Waaaaaaaaaaaars… and a bit of Marvel.

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion [unofficial weekender] Staaaaaaaaar Waaaaaaaaaaaars… and a bit of Marvel.

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sundancer 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

### Start of shameless copy & paste ###

First time visitor to OTT? Then please introduce yourself in the New Member Thread and look around in the Project System. Then come back and read on…

Introduce yourselves (New member thread)

https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/

Read all of this before you start as it will save any trouble later.

First thing you must do is make your “pledge”. It can be anything gaming related, big or small, and you don’t even have to finish it. No, in here, happiness is the road. Have fun doing whatever it is, but it is not a race. Accompany your work with pictures or we might think you are do something sinister and just using us for cover.

You are also presented with a few questions. It is to get the conversation started. Try and keep your answers ‘conversational’, no text speak, and certainly no “basically”. This is how we all get to know each other better. While you are here feel free to tell us a story, show a picture, joke, tales of love or woe, or just add your own little bit. This is the whole point…in here it is just us.

If you have never taken part before we may bark and bite, but we also like a cuddle! It is all done in the best possible taste and it is character building. feel free to give as good as you get.

A few other things to note: NO RELIGION & NO POLITICS! Glasgow pub rules are in effect. If you need to make a better point then it is fine, but don’t take the piss. And always keep it civil.

Play plenty of music to go with your work. Loud and through proper speakers. Write us a playlist of things we might not have heard before.

Now, after all of that there is only one ‘real’ rule in here and it cannot be broken: NO DICKS! (Exceptions may be made for little fighting men with little plastic/resin/metal wieners)

And don’t forget the highlights of the weekend: The Weekender on Friday and XLBS on Sunday. And the little show that is the unofficial Hobby Hangout over at twitch.tv

### End of shameless copy & paste ###

Questions:

And now back to the show.

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Pledge: Watch Twitch, paint stuff (maybe) and go vote on Sunday for our local elections.

1. Yes and I hope they will be announcing SW:EL as well!
    2. Yes and it’s a good thread, give it a read!
    3. Yes, see answer #2

Some trailers that got me excited, not only for miniatures:

panzerkaput
    33931xp
    Cult of Games Member

I Pledge to paint Fogou and maybe start some art 🙂

demonsub
    12745xp
    Cult of Games Member

Friday again. I’m just back from a trip to Halfords for more primer and Hobby Craft for more cheap terrain paint.

Pledge this weekend is to assemble and paint my first Infinity miniature I got as one of my crew for Five Parsecs From Home and to paint another mdf terrain piece.

On Saturday evening I’ll be going to a friends to play Company of Heroes the board game, his latest Kickstarter purchase.

Have you yet seen anything from the currently running AMG “ministravaganza” (or what ever they are calling it)

Nope, not really interested, sorry.

Have you seen the “Is it okay to be left behind – Pondering post lockdown” thread?

Yes, I skimmed it last night. Going to go back for a deeper dive later.

Have you also seen the “Anti Shiny Syndrome League” thread?

Yes, I also skimmed this one, but I keep on buying shiny new stuff.

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

School has begun again for me, so I might have a bit less time and energy (which is saying something based on how little I’ve had recently), but I have some minis all ready for priming so I should be able to get SOME work done, maybe this weekend. Got a Teams meeting with a professor this afternoon, but after that I’m hoping the weather doesn’t turn rainy again so I can prime in, what I think is, a back garden at my student digs. It’s a rough end of town… Anyhoo…

Questions!

Have you yet seen anything from the currently running AMG “ministravaganza” (or what ever they are calling it)

I only get my AMG news from trusted sources like that German guy on the internets, so I’ll wait for his trusted word on the matter. 😛

Have you seen the “Is it okay to be left behind – Pondering post lockdown” thread?

I had a gander at it. I kind of feel the same way, though I was a bit like that before hand as I’ve always only really played among family and a few friends we’ve gotten into the hobby so I always feel a bit ‘behind’. I don’t think it’ll be long after this Brave New World of after The Event before it becomes the Same Old World. Though I think it’s a bit premature to start saying we’re in the Post-Event times just yet.

Have you also seen the “Anti Shiny Syndrome League” thread?

I feel like I’m already in this club…on account of not being able to get stuff…though there are things I wouldn’t mind getting into at the moment, like Legion…just can’t really justify the expense at the moment.

Have some music, this time in extra languages!

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

This week’s pledge is to finish the 75mm mini I started this week, and after tidying my garage to clear space, starting to glue together the Egyptian terrain.

1. Have you yet seen anything from the currently running AMG “ministravaganza” (or what ever they are calling it) – No. Not a company I pay much attention to.
    2. Have you seen the “Is it okay to be left behind – Pondering post lockdown” thread? – I have now, and contributed.
    3. Have you also seen the “Anti Shiny Syndrome League” thread? – I have now, and contributed again.

Two very interesting threads that came up this week.

danlee
    22388xp
    Cult of Games Member

Finished my current model last night. https://www.beastsofwar.com/project/1593676/

Very happy with the skin tone, particularly the face. This is about 150mm scale.

thumbnail_IMG_6433

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice work @danlee

I just finished the XLBS and I couldn’t help it.

Seriously, when people on camera say “don’t take this out of context”   what do they think will happen? 😉

crazyredcoat
    Participant
    13642xp

I finished up the base for the Marine I was working on earlier. Rather pleased with how the whole thing turned out.

20210912_123842

Project post is up with more pics and details!

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member

Nice work.

I went online with @grimwolfuk and we did another recording rambling about Legion and other stuff Star Wars

sundancer
    42552xp
    Cult of Games Member
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)