Skip to toolbar

Warlord just announced Epic Battles Punic Wars!!!!!!!

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Warlord just announced Epic Battles Punic Wars!!!!!!!

Supported by (Turn Off)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  emma-w 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

phaidknott
    7012xp
    Cult of Games Member

No piccys yet or anything….

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/6fu5YW3KEpQ

They may just have me on this one (although the idea of trying to paint 13.5mm (Sigh) Persians does fill me with abject terror) 🙁

koraski
    Participant
    1981xp

The Punic War was Rome and its allies vs Carthage and its allies. I don’t think Perisa was even still around by then.

koraski
    Participant
    1981xp

(Laggy double post)

grantinvanman
    Participant
    2015xp

Very exciting – the idea of fielding lots of elephants for this has me rather interested! It’s one of the best parts of ancients, I feel.

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

I feel they missed a marketing trick in not calling it “The puny wars” or something XD

pagan8th
    Participant
    9268xp

Bloody laggy website giving time out errors and then double posting…

pagan8th
    Participant
    9268xp

If they moved the setting to the 1800’s they could have the Napunyonic Wars where a tiny frenchman fights a man in wellies.

phaidknott
    7012xp
    Cult of Games Member

So what do people think of the weird sprue elements Warlord are using for the Romans to get a three rank unit on the standard “Epic” base size (it’s a kinda “block” made up of three parts with one being the front of the figures, one showing just the rear of the figures and the last one just the heads (and tops of shields)?

Brand New Epic Battles Hail Caesar Miniatures Revealed! | Salute 2024 (youtube.com)

Looks like the Carthaginians are still on the typical Epic strip with just two ranks per base (from the photos).

I’m a bit torn, I’d much rather Warlord had retained just two ranks for the Roman Legionnaires (and doing the full figures on each strip). From the photos the current Legionnaires just look too crammed in (if you can remember the original GHQ “blocks” of infantry, they look like that). Anyhow is this me just being overly grumpy, or are they a spark of genius?

sundancer
    42596xp
    Cult of Games Member

Anyhow is this me just being overly grumpy, or are they a spark of genius?

Yes. Pros: you have to paint less, units are less fragile and production should be easier/cheaper. Con: It’s a block of plastic.

Maybe look at it this way: great idea for small scale gaming. Bad idea for small scale dioramas.

emma-w
    Participant
    290xp

Punty Wars?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)