Skip to toolbar

Warlord Tiger Tank Gun is Loose… Help!

Home Forums Historical Tabletop Game Discussions Warlord Tiger Tank Gun is Loose… Help!

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lupa15 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lupa15
    11253xp
    Cult of Games Member

I have had some experience assembling Gameworkshop’s tanks for Warhammer 40K but I have to admit that this is my first historical 28 mm tank kit.  I received the Warlord (Italeri) Tiger tank kit for Christmas and was working on assembling it this past week. Prior to assembly I always do a test fit and I am glad I did!  The tanks gun and mantle doesn’t fit snuggly and as such the gun sags instead of sitting level.

Is there anything that I can do to improve the resistance of the mantle and allowing it to sit level or be moved up and down while using it on the tabletop?  Thanks!

khusrau
    Participant
    1158xp

Add a counterweight to the breech if there is one, using blu-tac or similar…

Alternatively, glue a small strip of plastic or use milliput to build up the top of the rotating part to prevent it drooping.

lupa15
    11253xp
    Cult of Games Member

Thanks for the suggestion! I gave that a shot using some blue-tac to test some plastic to counter-balance and when that didn’t quite work as expected I ended up magnetizing the gun. The magnets worked but were hard to get just right.

lupa15
    11253xp
    Cult of Games Member

IMG_5182

Here is the magnetized turret in all its glory!  I used 1/8″ by 1/16″ which fit perfectly into the turret mounting point once it was drilled out a bit.  I then carefully cut off the mounting nobs to glue the magnets onto the gun mantle.

khusrau
    Participant
    1158xp

That looks like a very neat and clever solution. Well done. Look forward to seeing this painted up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)