Skip to toolbar

Warlord Wednesday new British

Home Forums News, Rumours & General Discussion Warlord Wednesday new British

Supported by (Turn Off)

Related Games:

Related Companies:

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  a27cromwell 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

brucelea
    7900xp
    Cult of Games Member

Hi all, just seen the latest Warlord Wednesday drop in my mail and it looks like the British and Canadians have finally got a new plastic set of infantry. They look very animated and are hopefully easier to build ??.

what I’m more interested in though is the teaser photo, if I’m not mistaken it looks like some 79th Armd Div goodness and it sounds like they’re going to do plenty of options ? AVRE, AVLB, CRAB, ARK, I wish ??

If this is correct you’ll soon have plenty of new D Day break out scenarios to play through. Just make sure to add a section of sappers to your army list.

First in, last out, hurrah for the CRE!

a27cromwell
    3180xp
    Cult of Games Member

I would have liked a few arms without weapons  for kit bashing  and more loose weapons than just a single Sten , hopefully the Brit weapon sprue will still be available . I also really don’t like that every rifle has a bayonet mounted ( same as the 8th Army troops )  I tend to break them .  Nice to see the bridge for the AVRE , I wonder if its going to be a plastic kit / add on for the Warlord ( Italeri ) plastic Churchill or  an all new resin kit ? FYI , S&S Models ( located in UK ) make a resin/white metal AVRE bridge kit , sold with or without the plastic Churchill

torros
    23805xp
    Cult of Games Member

Don’t know a great deal about it but aren’t the Canadians still using the Thompson instead of the sten at this point?

a27cromwell
    3180xp
    Cult of Games Member

According to Canadian Soldier . Com , by 42 the Sten was being issued to troops , except in the Med where the Thompson was still used .  It says the US supplied the ammo and having another caliber (9mm) in the supply chain would gum up the works so the Sten never was issued for the Italian campaign

torros
    23805xp
    Cult of Games Member

Cheers for the info

a27cromwell
    3180xp
    Cult of Games Member

The Churchill bridge layer and Bobbin are Trenchwork resin models according to latest news letter . The bridge will set me back $135 Canadian , ouch .

brucelea
    7900xp
    Cult of Games Member

That’s bloody steep, silly seeming that they come from the US originally.

a27cromwell
    3180xp
    Cult of Games Member

I had hoped the Bridge & Bobbin would have been plastic  add on kits ( like Rubicon’s ) for Warlord’s plastic Churchill . Probably get the S&S resin bridge , another Churchill and kit bash my own . Beside all the fun involved in kit bashing , it will only  cost about half of the resin kit , so money left over for more troops

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Supported by (Turn Off)